Prolouge

"Cassis get over here!" called Dormina to her lab partner. They were in the science lab on Kamino. It was tedious work, studying all the embryos and making sure none possessed a flaw. If they did, they had to be discarded. And though some flaws passed their critical eyes, this one did not. Something was completely amiss here.

"What is it, Dormina?" Cassis inquired as he walked over to the shorter Kaminoen.

She replied, taking a step back, "Here. Look into my scope and tell me I'm hallucinating." He bent his long neck down and looked into the micro scope.

"What is this?" He said and suddenly his posture became more tense. He played around with the scope. "How has this happened?"

"I am unsure doctor," she responded. "What should we do about it?" Dormina asked this already knowing the answer. But when none came, she looked oddly at her partner.

"I don't know. It looks healthy. It has no defect. In fact, I see much potential for this one." He admitted.

She protested, "But it is not protocol Cassis! Would they stand for it?" The opposing Kaminoen reached a hand to his face and stroked it as if he had a beard. His pale skin was blue in the light of the surrounding lamps.

"Hm," he said, "I don't see why not. We shall bring news of this odd occurrence to them firstly." With that, the doctor went over and put down his goggles he had been wearing. He went to the door then stopped. He looked over to Dormina and raised a brow.

"You mean to do so now?" She asked. What a stupid question, she scolded herself. When Cassis nodded, she took a deep breath then followed him to the door.

Before she left, she turned to take one long look at the microscope with the tab on it. The tab of DNA. She thought to herself, "Well, it can't hurt to have this change."
...........