The Unwanted

Before you begin, I'd like to state that this is indeed a draft. 

"Just looking for a hobby and a place to write."

                                                           ~UltimateGir

Title name of the draft: The Fortunate Ones

Created on 12.27.2013 at 11:54PM 

To the ones that have not satisfied my criteria, I am continuing on your bright ideas with personal experience that I will write on a one-way screen. 

*Note of reminder: I do not implement the names I have seen, heard or know, therefore, I will give my characters a title- a title of the necessary information.

The Fortunate Ones

He pushed his way out of the crowding students in the classroom as the bell had just finished ringing. As the door began to close, he pressed against the large, metal handle and turned into the hallway. His friend came out of the neighboring class, and waited by the drinking fountain. They walked off, into a labyrinth of scattering, rambonxious teenagers, only worrying about themselves. He looked above their heads, as he was taller than most, and noticed his other two friends waiting at the freshmen lockers. They all met together and formed their circle that was only welcoming close friends. With the sudden flick of his head, he gestured his friends to their territory on campus. They sat, in the hall of the abandoned, unused lockers and all pulled out the same ham and cheese or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. 

He was laughing with them as they went on about a new video game that had been released. His laughter broke as he saw at the corner of his eye a girl. She was staring, like every day they have lunch. His palms grew clammy and pressed harder against the delicate fluff of the bread. He chewed again, this time trying to focus back on his friends. They were looking at him strange; they knew something was suspicious. He turned his head slightly to left, and saw the girl. She was looking down, at her shoes, in deep thought. He zoned out too, staring at her face. His friends turned, and their face immediately flushed cherry red. He looked longer, soaking in the image. She was beautiful, but at first glance, you'd think not. 

She looked back up, breaking her thousand-yard stare and noticed that he was looking at her. She flinched, trying to focus on her friends again. He could not pull away his stare, but when he did, he noticed there were always three other girls with her. Every day at lunch, the four girls were just across from his pack of friends, and he never noticed until now. He swallowed his last bite of his sandwich, and looked at the wall across the hall just above his friend's head.

He never noticed that she and him had the same background. The less fortunate, the shys, the thinkers, the nerds- the unwanted.

                                         <><><>-=-=-=-[x]~[x]-=-=-=-<><><>

Finished on 12.28.2013 at 12:24PM