Foreword

Hello everyone! Just a few quick things before you continue onto the story:

1.) This is my contest entry for the lgbtq 'Once Upon A Time' contest, AKA a retelling of a fairy tale/legend/folklore with LGBTQ+ themes/characters etc. I decided to go with a modern retelling, because I thought that would be the most fun way to tackle Little Red Riding Hood.

2.) There are 4 parts, and I will be posting them all before November 30th which is the final day you are allowed to submit your contest entry, so add this story to your library for updates!

3.) I will be writing a blog post that gives a more 'behind the scenes' look at this story (why I chose this fairy tale, what I was trying to accomplish, how hard it was for a wordy writer like me to keep something under 20K words, etc.) This blog post will be posted to my website (www.taleth.com) probably by next week.

4.) Special thanks to my friend @KhaoulaMoufarih  for the sweet cover! Also thank you to Leslie and Andrea my beta readers :)

5.) Important: If you are reading this expecting it to be anything like Alex's Girl or Lost Then Found you will be very disappointed. This story was fun to write, yes, but also not the kind of thing I would normally write, not even close. Definitely read it with an open mind. That being said, please do not leave comments asking me when I will be updating Lost Then Found. I am working on it, I promise. Writing this contest entry was a little 'break' for me from the heavier stuff so I had a lot of fun with it!

6.) Because I do not want to break the 'flow' of the story, I will not be including author's notes beyond this point. So, while you read, don't forget to please vote, comment, and follow :)

Even more important

I hope you enjoy this story! Thank you for reading. 

-Taleth.

Total Story Word Count*: 19,908 ;)
*This total does not include this 'Foreword', because author's notes do not count towards story word count according to the contest's rules