Home sweet home

Annaya looked at her little brother in disbelief. The sounds on the background consisted of yelling and shattering glass.  She just couldn't  believe what she was hearing. Her brown eyes seemed to grow only darker as tears silently fell down her cheek and onto her lap. "Kejuan..." she said in a soft, broken voice. "their fighting again... aren't they?" Kejuan stared at her, and wiped the tear streams off her face. "Don't cry Annaya." She exhaled deeply, as a sign of stress. Even though they were hiding in the airtight closet farthest away from their screaming, angry parents, they heard every curse word, every threat, and everything being thrown across the living room as well as the impact heavy objects had on the hardwood floor. Annaya's whimpers were as quite as a single falling snowflake, while the seven year boy old comforted the older eleven year old girl.

   Suddenly, it grew quite. Nothing stirred about in the living room as to be heard by the two children. It was about 5 minutes in silence  when suddenly the closet doors flew open and in front of them stood the silhouette of a feminine figure. Kejuan's eyes widened.  The dull voices of there mother made out the shadows.

  "Hi babies." She paused for a moment. "Mommy and daddy are getting a divorce."  "Why mommy?" Sighed the children." We will talk about it in the car, we are leaving now so put on some shoes.