The persuading trick

"Of course I'll marry you, you fiend of satan" she laughed. "Now let me down! Let go of me!"

"Let go of you?" Reuban growled and pulled her forward to claim her "Never in a million years!"

The Robber Knight took what he wanted.
______________________________________

Few weeks later

The renovation of the castle was almost over, not to mention Reuban's enormous efforts "you sons of mongrels! You work like old ladies."
"Hey why are you sitting there? Get back to work or you'll be sorry."

At the instance of his voice people jerked to work.

"Can't you take it easy on them?"a soft voice asked from behind.

Reuban grinned "your castle can't wait milady. It needs to be built at once."

"Just take it easy Reuban your frightening my people" she said with feeling sorry for them.

"Our people. You mean say. They are our people and I want them to obey my orders milady. You know a commander has to be rash sometimes" he said reaching her arms.

"What do you mean by 'sometimes'? You throttle them all the time" she said as he tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Aye. Ain't I adorable." He grinned again.

His devilish grin washed away whatever she was thinking. How does he managed to do this every time. "Yeah whatever. I'm going to visit my father. Are you coming Reuban?"

"I have to look after the work here. Why don't you go and visit him first. I'll visit him later." He said his eyes wandering on the construction work.

"Alright. Make sure you do that and don't forget to ask." she said alarming him about his duty.

"Ask what milady?"

How could he not know what she meant. "Apples for Satan and a rope to hang you" she said angrily.

He gave his most diabolical smile "if that's want milady wants I'll ask him"

"You..you son of a.." Lady Ayla stammered searching for insults.

"I thought I trained you well. But you let me down. Your not a good student." he said mocking her lack of talent to insult.

"Get lost. I am going and your not a good teacher either" she plucked her arm away from Reuban and marched away.

Before she could get far, Reuban moved swiftly pulling her back planting a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll ask your hand after we finish the work here Okay" he said with atmost sincerity.

She blushed "you are so annoying sometimes but you manage to persuade my anger through your tricks. You know that"

"It's my area of expertise milady, a rare talent" he said winking at her

"I'll take a leave. Please continue your work" she blushed like and by now
Knew that her face would be as Red as the setting sun.

It was just a wink. How can I just blush so horribly. Hope he didn't notice. She thought to herself.

"Ayla. I love the way you blush for my charming gestures. It's fascinating."

He didn't say that and I did not hear that. She consoled herself and marched as fast as she could.

"I can see your blush from here." She heard his loud voice. Once again she pretended she didn't hear it.