Finally

(Dedicated to my sun and moon)

°°°°°°°°

It was one day before 'that day'.

You know 'the day' which Reuban didn't ever want to come across
'the day' that Reuban thought only mindless people celebrated.

And he couldn't find the answer for his one simple question.

"What in the name of devil does being 'a husband' mean?"

The word which started with h and ended with d. It made his heart weigh and made him go crazy.

If it were about the duties of a knight he could have known it.
''1. kill the enemies.
2. If killing was too boring torture them for fun.
3. Honour and all other nonsense are ruled out. Those only belonged to birdy loving bastards"

"Who could I ask? Who had been in romantic relationships before?

1.Theodrich? That Goldilocks had nothing to do with common sense. He lived in a fairy land with pixies and ponies

2.Burchard? As if he would help me. That senseless butler followed me once to see if I paid some rituals to Satan and even went to extent of checking if I had tail like that of Satan's

3.Gregor? Why would I ask help from that birdy loving bastard"
God this 'm' thing has made me go crazy and here I am talking to myself"

He wasn't fit to be a husband. He certainly mentioned it to her. But Ayla didn't seem to bother. ''How ignorant of her? She doesn't know what a man has to go through" grumbled Reuban to himself and began to stroll the castle.
______________________________________

"That day was a close one. I am damn sure that I would have won the bet. It is all your fault you bloody son of a interrupter" a coarse voice said

"I was just doing my duty. The odds stood nine against one. You should have forfeited. Our side had always been strong and used strategies" other the voice said

"Speaking of which did you do that on purpose?" Asked the coarse voice

"Everything is fair in love and war" the other voice cooed

"You interrupted Sir Reuban and Ayla that day breaking them of the love that they were about to make" the coarse voice said angrily.

"You did what?" A voice commanded from their back.

"Sir Gregor, its nothing important" the soldier said

"I know what you were talking about. It's about the bet, isn't it? Speak out soldiers I want to know" asked Gregor

"Sir please don't say this to Sir Reuban. That day when Sir Reuban had Lady Ayla over the haystack the majority of us were about to loose the bet so we decided to interrupt and stop them. That was what we were talking about."

"So that was how you managed to save Lady Ayla that day. Great work soldiers."

"Sir Gregor were you hoping for Lady Ayla too?"

"Of course. I am her vassal after all. If ever Sir Reuban comes to know this he would find devious ways to torture us"

"Certainly I would find devious and even interesting ways to torture you. But what is 'this thing' you are talking about" asked Reuban towering over the trio.
______________________________________

Reuban was not pleased. He was more than not pleased. He had the chance to quench his long standing thirst and the bastards, son of witches took his delicious cup of wine away from him.