The Demise of Lenny Turnett...Part 2 [hal is jealous]

Chapter 2

Lacy's POV

The doorbell rang. I went to answer it, expecting yet another aspiring actor or director to come bug my dad.

As I opened it, my eyes bugged out. It was the hottest, coolest guy at my school. I started getting nervous. Lenny Turnett was at my door. I hoped he wasn't here to get mad at me for running into him in the hall today, which was embarrassing. But he had flowers, so who knows what he wanted.

"Uh, hi?" I managed to get out.

"Hey Lacy. I came to ask you something." He smiled. The only guy who smiled at me like that was Hal. What was going on!

"Me? Okay, ask away..." Well that sounded lame.

"Do you wanna go for dinner on Friday, around 6?"

Oh. My. Gosh.

That sure sounded like a date. I just nodded because I didn't trust myself to speak.

"It's the least I could do for running into you today." He winked.

I tried to play it cool.

"Okay, see you then." I shut the door and ran upstairs to phone Hal. Eeeeep! This was huge!

Lenny's POV

"Okay, see you then." Lacy actually sounded bored. She shut the door in my face. What the hell? Girls got excited over me asking them out. Not bored.

Lacy must have just been acting. She was a script writers daughter after all. That made no sense.

Why wasn't she happy and swooning and nervous?

I realized I still had the flowers. I set them on the doorstep and turned down her long driveway, confused as hell.

Willam's POV

I hate gym class. It sucks. All we do is get made fun of by Lenny Turnett, the star athlete of Darwin High.

Today we were playing baseball. As usual me and Hal Swenson got sent out to outfield. Despite Hal's recent growth spurt, and new girl admirers, he still couldn't play sports worth a damn. I guess you couldn't grow coordination. But he was a cool guy, he always kept me entertained during gym.

"I hate Lenny." I spit out. Today Lenny wouldn't leave me alone about my skinny arms.

"I wish I could knock him over the head with that baseball bat over there." Hal motioned to the bat Lenny held, poised to hit the baseball.

I was confused. Hal never hates anyone. Or says it outloud anyways. But today he looked furious.

"What did he do to you?" I asked curiously.

He frowned. "He keeps hitting on Lacy."

"Uh, so?" Was I missing something? Lenny hit on everyone. Wait, this was Hal. I forgot about his obvious feelings for Lacy.

"She likes him. I think. I don't know, but he's just trying to get to her dad." He sounded confused and frustrated. Everyone knew Hal loved Lacy from the moment they met. I was pretty sure she felt the same way, but then again Lenny had a way with stealing girls.

"I'm sure she sees right through it. Lacy's smart." I said, comfortingly.

"They're going on a date on Friday night. Apparently he showed up at her house with flowers and looked 'oh so irresistable'" Hal used air quotes. "She might be smart but she sure can't see through his act. Ladies, eh?"

I laughed. I had no expirience with girls, but with Hal as my buddy I got to talk to a few of his admirers. Maybe I'll grow a foot and start working out.

But I doubt Mom will fork out for a gym pass.

Melissa's POV

I watched Hal as he talked to some skinny kid in the outfield. He was so hot. There was a rumor going around that he must be gay, since he never showed interest in any of the pretty girls that flirted with him.

I chose to ignore this rumor, he was too perfect for me to be gay. I was determined to make him mine, before the end of the month. My best friend Samantha believed it to be an impossible task, and thought he liked some freaky chick named Lulu or Lacy or something. We looked at her facebook pictures and there was no way he would like her over me. I had wavy blonde hair, a cute nose and people said my eyes were like blue jewels. I was tall and thin and had a perfect tan thanks to the new tanning salon in town. So obviously I'm pretty. And obviously Hal is going to like me.

Hal was sort of shy, he was still getting used to having girls admire him. I knew if I made a move first, he would be all over me. I will put my plan in motion tomorrow during Math, where he sits behind me. I can't wait.

I hope you like it, and please comment, or vote or something! Thanks for reading it!

If you liked it check out my story The Average. It's about an average girl crushing on an older guy amd nothing seems to work out for her. Which i'm sure many people can relate to, I know I sure can

:) anyways have a great day/evening/sleep!