what's next?

After that night the girls (April and Maya) haven't seen each other for a few weeks. Maya couldn't figure out why April wasn't in school, but to be honest she was glad that she didn't have to deal with a new bee. Emily and Lilly had been hanging out off and on. One night Maya was asked to take the callahan's dinner. She couldn't figure out why, but she did so anyways.
     When Mays got to the house she rang the door bell. Lilly opened the door and said "hello Maya, please come in." She did just that, then she followed Lilly to the kitchen. A few minutes later Mr.Callahan came into the kitchen and said "Thank you for dinner Maya. Would you like to see April?"
"Sure."
     Mr.Callahan took Maya back to April's room, Maya unaware of what she would see. When Mays walked into April's room she couldn't believe what she saw. April was booked up to oxygen, and had an IV. She was also in a hospitalbed, and by the looks of it April was having a hard time breathing, even with the oxygen. Maya said thank you and enjoy the dinner, then left.
     When she got home she went directly to her room and a few moments later her mother was standing on the doorway. "Maya did you talk to April while you were over there?"
"Mom please, I don't want to talk about it."
"Maya, ever since they moved in you have been acting weiord. What is going on with you?"
"I don't know what you are talking about. I haven't been acting weiord."
     After that conversation her mom left the room. Later that night her sister Emily came into her room."Maya did you see April when you were at the Callahan's house?"
"Yes, why?"
"Well when I go over to play with Lilly, we always go into April's room to see her. When we say Hi to her she never answers. Why is that?"
"I don't really know, April and i aren't really friends."
"Maya what is that supposed to mean?"