2 - Coincidence

Nothing happens as a coincidence.

Not even love.

2.

"And then he was gone. Like some kind of magician or something." Said Jimin, waving his chopsticks in a dramatic way. Jungkook was giving him confused looks.

"Jimin-hyung, I think you're delusional." He said, placing a hand over his forehead. "You okay? Sleeping enough?"

Jimin swatted his hand away in annoyance and picked up another piece of pork. "Listen, I'm not lying. His name's Min Yoongi and he's in the music department." Explained Jimin. Jin looked up from his salad.

"Oh, I know that kid. He's a really good pianist. I heard he wants to be a composer." Jin said, jabbing his finger at his dongsaengs.

"So he's a junior?" asked Jimin. Jin nodded.

"Why else would he be in my juniors advanced music theory class?" asked Jin. Jimin sighed and looked at Jungkook.

"See? Not crazy."

Jungkook put his hands up in defense. "Whatever you say, hyung."

"So . . . whilst we're on the subject of potential love interests –"

"We weren't on the subject of potential love interests –"

"Jungkook. When are you going to make a move on Taehyung?" asked Jin. Jungkook's cheeks flamed like they always did when they talked about his boyfriend.

"I-I dunno. I feel like if I do something, he'll make it super awkward." Argued Jungkook.

"Tae wouldn't make it awkward." Said Jimin, sticking a straw into his bottle of apple juice. Jungkook gave his hyung a look.

"He would. He's just naturally awkward." said Jungkook. Jin kept his mouth shut, silently agreeing. Taehyung was the least romantic person they knew. Besides Namjoon.

"Look, just make a move and if he responds negatively, you don't have to do it again." explained Jimin, holding his juice. Jungkook laid his head in his hands.

"Where do I even start?"

"Just try and hold his hand. That's what happened with Namjoon and I. You just have to be the bigger man." said Jin. Jungkook nodded and was about to say something when his eyes narrowed across the room.

"Is that . . . Namjoon and Hoseok?" asked Jungkook. Jin turned around and his smile faded.

"Who're they with?" asked Jungkook. Jin squinted.

"They're with . . . is that Min Yoongi?" asked Jin. Jimin turned around as well and sure enough, the bubbly blue-haired guy was talking happily with their friends.

Namjoon walked towards them, catching eyes with his boyfriend and smiling.

"Hey Jin-ah, mind if Yoongi sits with us?" he asked. Jin scooted over slightly and Jimin moved his books.

"Uh, sure." said Jin quietly and Jungkook shifted awkwardly. Yoongi sat right next to Jimin and flashed him a smile.

"So uh, how do you guys know each other?" asked Jin, recalling that neither Namjoon nor Hoseok were in his music theory class.

"Well," Namjoon said, opening his calculus book. "Yoongi saw me with you and then saw you with Jimin and then I was like 'you know Jimin'? and he said that you'd met or something."

"He bought me milk." mumbled Jimin. "It wasn't a proper introduction."

Yoongi paused. "Correction, I helped you choose a drink. I didn't pay for it."

"But you still met, right?" asked Jin. "Jimin was just telling us about it."

Jimin turned the shade of the apples on his juice bottle and averted his eyes while Yoongi snickered.

"You were talking about me?" asked Yoongi, placing a hand under his chin.

"I-I was just talking about how I couldn't pick and stuff . . . not you specifically."

"Liar. He was describing you in detail -" Jungkook got a face pull of papers from Jimin.

"Enough, Jungkook." hissed Jimin and Jungkook smirked smugly, piling the papers back up. Yoongi seemed mildly interested.

"I don't mind you talking about me." he smirked and Jimin turned back to annotating his book. Jin was desperately trying to clear the awkward attitude.

"So. Guess who's birthday is this weekend?" asked Jin, grinning. Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Yours?"

Jin clapped his hands. "Correct. And we're going to karaoke! Saturday night. I want to see all of you there. No excuses!"

And with that, he took Namjoon's hand and left. Jungkook slammed his head into the table.

"I hate karaoke." he mumbled into the wood.

"Yeah, but you're good at it. I suck." growled Hoseok, picking at his salad.

"Am not. I can't rap for shit." argued Jungkook.

"Was . . . was I invited too? I'm slightly confused." Said Yoongi softly, leaning to whisper into Jimin's ear. Jimin glared at him.

"Yeah, I think so." He said quietly. Yoongi grinned.

"Will you be there?" he asked gleefully. Jimin looked away.

"Yeah, why?"

Yoongi shrugged, still grinning. "No reason."

Jimin rolled his eyes and packed up his books. "I gotta get to class. See you all tomorrow?"

"See yah, Hyung!" cried Jungkook, waving.

"Bye Jimin." Smiled Hoseok.

"Goodbye Jimin-ah." Grinned Yoongi and Jimin gripped his bag strap, his head down and his ears red as he raced towards the door.