CHAPTER 1: The flame that started it all

It was a quiet late evening in November. The autumn leaves blow in the cool wind in scattered directions. In a small little town of Brewton, Alabama was a small orphanage for troubled girls. Inside sat two little girls. Both were eight years old. Hannah a small petite girl with bright blonde hair and, soft plae skin. Her best feiend Serena was a small dark skinned girl with short black hair. To the natural eye they both seem like cute and normal little girls, but they are different.
Hannah and Serena sat in a small run down room. Paint peeled off of the walls, a damp musty smell gloomed over the room like a blanket. They sat side by side on a iorn crusted twin bed. Hannah played with her short plaid skirt that came to her thighs.
"Hey...Hannah-chan?"
Serena's head was slumped and stared at the wood floor.
"Yeah Ser."
Hannah scooted over and put her small hand on her back.
"Do you think...someone would want me?"
A tear drop hit and seeped through the crack in the floor.
Hannah pulled her into an embrace and stroked her head and small cat ears.
"Of course ya' weirdo! Anybody would be lucky to have you."
Hannah smiled and stood up.
"So dont worry! We'll get outta here."
Serena looked up and grined.
"Promise?"
"Promise."
They both giggled and headed out of the room and towards the hall.
"We should go...its almost dinner."
Said Hannah, trailing beside her sister.
So yes they are way different and you guessed it. They are....and indeed...nekos. They never had anybody else except each other. Everyone thought they were monsters or maybe even demons. They never actually got the chance to know them. They never had families or people who actually loved them, but this is the night where thats gonna change.
"Eww! Broccoli!"
A plate of steamed broccoli and boiled potatoes sat on Hannah's fadded silver plate.
Serena sat beside her in their own little table. They did eat with the other children but nobody ever wanted to sit by them.
"What chu talkin about broccoli is goooood!"
Serena said with a mouthful of broccoli.
Hannah's blonde tail was tucked beneath the table.
"Well you can have mine!"
"Yushh!"
Hannah slid the broccoli onto Serena's plate. Hannah cringed,at the thought of someone actually enjoying broccoli.

The two was about to head back to their room room, until a heavy set woman busted into the cafeteria.
She rounded up all the other children, with the help of the bigger kids.
Serena and Hannah were so confused and scared, they have no idea of whats about to happen.

Alarms were going off, the sound of crying kids loomed over the building.
"Everyone must head outside immediately! There is a fire spreading through the boiler room!"
The heavy set woman yelled trying to get the panicking orphans to calm down.
"Hannah-chan im scared!"
Serena hugged her bestfriend, and tucked her black and white tipped tail beneath her legs.
"Its okay Ser! We just have to-"
A loud BOOM can be heared from downstairs. Smoke was blanketing over the cafeteria. Kids screams could be heard all around. Flames ignited the only exit, they were trapped.
"Where are we supposed to go!"
Serena cried.
Hannah looked around for an exit, something of hope.
"Wait Ser! I think we can get through that window!"
Hannah pointed toward a ridged window.
"Oh my gosh yes!"
The two rushed toward it then stopped.
"How are we supposed to get up there?"
The window was about a foot taller than each of them.
Serena stroked her chin in thought.
"Wait i got it! I can climb on your shoulders and i pull you up!"
Serena snapped her fingers pleased with herself.
"Well come on!"
Serena jumped on hannahs shoulders, and waited to steady herself. She opened the rusty window until her little figure could fit. She sat on the ledge of the windowsill.
"Okay grab my hand."
Hannah grabed her hand and serena tried to pull her up.
"Oh my goat! Your heavier than i thought!"
"Hey! Just pull!"
Hannah said pouting.
After a few hard pulls serena got hannah onto the windowsill.
"It looks like about a foot drop."
"Are you sure about this?"
Serena cleaned her glasses.
"Is the atomic mass of cobalt 58.9?"
Hannah had a confused look on her face.
"Nevermind."
Serena sighed and jumped off and landed on her hands and knees.
"Come on ya slow poke!"
"I-i don't know."
"Come on ill catch you!"
Serena held out her hands.
Hannah nodded and closed her eyes and jumped.
She landed right on top of serena and got up and dusted herself off.
"Ouch!"
Hannah turned around and saw her bestfriend laying on the ground.
"Ser! Are you okay?!"
Hannah tried to pick her up.
"I think im fine. I didnt feel a thing."
They headed toward the woods,that lay just putside the orphanage. They ran a couple meters away until they couldn't feel the heat from what used to be their home. They turned around and stared at the awful scene.
"Hannah?"
Serena asked quietly,while gripping her tail.
"Yeah?"
Hannah asked doing the same.
"Where are we supposed to go?"
"I don't know."
Smoke filled the air. There was adult and children crying filling their ears. Everything they had was gone.

"Ser my feet hurt."
Hannah whined.
"Youll be fine."
She scoffed.
They trailed into the deep thick woods for about half an hour. They didnt find a human soul in sight. The only thing they heard was rustling in the trees. It's like someone was following.watching.
Suddenly a whisp of air breezed by them. They whipped around to see what it was.
"H-hello?"
Serena knows she's heard something. Especially with her acute hearing.
A crackle was heard in the distance like someone walking toward them.
"Who's there!"
Serena said while clutching onto Hannah.
Hannah tugged on Serena's small black hoodie.
"Ser...look"
The blonde pointed to a clearing.What it looked like,a man was standing in a clearing. He looked about a few yards away.
"Who are you!Are you going to hurt us?!"
Hannah shouted while backing up against a tree. Serena followed.
The shadow didn't answer. In response he moved toward them. Soon enough he was a few feet away.
"Stay away!"
The two little girls shouted. Tears streaming their faces.
He moved again. But this time he didn't stop. He came closer.Closer.Closer. Now he was towering over them. The two nekos were shaking,terror struck. Serena looked up. Tears stained her dark cheeks red. She went wide eyed when she saw the sight towering over her. This was the most terrifying thing she's ever seen. She dosent think its even human. Or nothing close to one.

A/N: HAHA! Yes my reader-chans! Cliff hanger! Im sorry tho....ill make it up to u my children. The next chaper is gonna be goood.
Bye-bye my senpais!
*disappears into the shadows*