Chapter 7.

We changed into our P.E. clothes and walked out onto the field.

Once we got there, coach blew his whistle.

"Alright, listen up! An important piece of playing basketball is stamina. So you all are gonna run around the track! Thirty minutes, let's go!"

Groans of protests came from a few students. Most of them being girls.

We started jogging around the track. We kept up a pretty good pace for the first 20 minutes. Then it started getting harder.

Even though it was only 9:30am the sun was already quiet high and shining down on us.

After the last 10 minutes passed, we walked back to our coach. Most people dragged themselves back while Isla, Ryder, Blake, a few other guys and I were walking normally.

Even though the boys  weren't out of breath, they were sweating. So they took off their shirts and immediately the girls started fawning over them.

I couldn't help but stare at Ryder's chest. He had gorgeous abs and golden tanned skin. No doubt he was extremely hot.

He caught me staring and smirked.

He started walking towards me.

"You like what you see?"

"You know every single guy in every book and movie says that but the girl never admits it?"

"So you're saying that you do think I'm hot."

I gaped at him once I realised my mistake.

"You know...I wouldn't hold it against you if you wanted to touch," he said and stepped closer to me.

"You know what? I do want to."

I saw him smirk but it quickly disappeared when I punched his abs. Then, I realised that they were as hard as a brick wall. I pulled my hand back and tried to take away the pain by shaking it.

He clutched his stomach from surprise.

"How do you punch so hard?!"

"How is your chest so hard?!"

"Hey Andrews, Cole! If you're done chit-chatting, you mind coming over here?" Coach Sanchez called.

We walked to to where the class was standing and Ashlin shot me a dirty glare for talking to 'her man'. Not my words, hers.

Just for the fun of it, I put my elbow in Ryder's shoulder and leaned against him. He noticed but didn't try to shake me off.

Ashlin turned furious and if looks could murder, I would be six feet under.

Coach left to get some basketballs and Ashlin used the chance to pull Ryder towards her. I stumbled a bit since I was leaning on him but straightened myself.

I rolled my eyes and went to stand next to Isla.

Ashlin saw and gave me a satisfied smirk. She smiled at me tauntingly and wrapped her arms around Ryder's neck.

If she thinks that it's going to get me jealous, think again.

I raised an eyebrow at her at her and gave her a questioning look.

She leaned in to kiss Ryder but he pushed her away. "Ashlin stop. I don't fucking like you, okay? Stop thinking that we're together."

I smiled to myself. That should show her.

I guess Ryder isn't that bad after all...

"Oh yeah? And what about the times that we did it? Huh? Did you not like me when we were in my room? At that party? In the janitor's closet?"