The Promise Or Ice Cream And Movies

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend! This is my new favourite Ed Sheeran gif and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :) All the love, Summer xxx

When I returned to my mum's house, Louis' car was gone, making my heart heavy. When I reached the front door, I realised that I didn't have a key to get because I had left the house with my mum earlier. Hesitantly, I raised my hand to ring the door bell. Sally began to bark excitedly and a couple of seconds later I could see her small shadow jumping up and down behind the door. My mum sent me a sympathetic smile and shot me a questioning look after she had let me in. When I nodded, she put the plate she had been drying down and pulled me into a tight hug. "I am so proud of you, honey. I know it was hard for both of you, but it was the right thing to do." I hugged her back and just enjoyed the feeling to be held."But why does it feel so wrong?" I asked quietly into her shoulder and she gave me a tight squeeze in reply.

I spent the rest of the day sitting in the living room with my mum, letting her pamper me before I decided that I should return to London, my dissertation lurking gloomily at the back of my mind. With a big care packet, my mum reluctantly let me leave but made me promise her to call me every couple of days and to always come back when I needed her. On the bus to London, I put on my headphones, but couldn't bring myself to listen to One Direction, which was usually my go to music for when I was upset, so I decided to listen to James Bay for a bit. 

I must have fallen asleep because next thing I knew was that we had arrived in London. The Tube was packed and I found myself longing for my bed more and more, alone and away from the slightly drunk people who were pressing up against we. I basically fled the Tube and nearly run home, quietly slipping into the flat. The light in the living room was on and I hesitantly poked my head through the door. Lily looked up from her book and immediately put it down and pulled me into a hug when she saw my face. "Hey, what's wrong? What happened?" Tears were threatening to spill over again and I just helplessly shrugged and let her pull me down onto the sofa. 

After taking a few deep breaths to calm me down, I looked up from my hands and saw that she was watching me with a serious expression on her face. "I broke up with Louis." I admitted to her, my voice breaking at the end of sentence. I was slightly taken aback when she didn't even look surprised. "I feel like the worst person ever!" I groaned and slumped back into the sofa. "Don't give me any of this self-loathing shit, Claire. It's not just your fault that your relationship didn't work out the way you two wanted it to." she tried to make me feel better, but I shook my head. 

"It was awful. We both cried and he said that he had acted selfish and that it was just as much his fault as it was mine which didn't really make me feel any better though. We promised each other to stay friends, but of course we first both need some time to ourselves, before we even start thinking about that again." I told her and she nodded. "Ice cream and a good romcom?" she asked me with a grin and I gave her a grateful smile and nodded. "That would be perfect, thank you." 

While she went into the kitchen to get the ice cream from the freezer, I thought about how incredibly grateful I was to have her as a best friend. I was also particularly grateful that she hadn't mentioned Harry with one word and I wasn't planning on bringing him up either. When she returned from the kitchen, she put 'The Holiday' into the TV and we both settled down on the sofa, letting the ice cream wander between the two of us, while swooning  over Jude Law. In the end, I went to bed with a smile, a sad one, but it was a smile and I felt a little bit less like the worst person on earth.

The next two days, I threw myself into work and hardly did anything else. The days were spent in front of my computer, either in the kitchen or at my desk, and my entire being was craving a break. On Friday morning, I excitedly hopped out of bed, very much aware of the fact that I was hanging out with Ed today. After a long shower to relax my sore muscles, I slipped into my clothes and then started packing a small bag with my notebooks and some snacks and then grabbed my guitar which I had gotten from my dad all those years ago. Lily was out of the house and I left her a note on the kitchen table, before I threw a glance at the kitchen clock that told me I was already late, so I rushed to the front door.