I Have Feelings For You

This is dedicated to my friend JamieReagan Thank you for the support!!! :D

Eddie Janko stared at her trembling hands as she walked down the hall. You'd think she'd bump into something, but there was no chance of that. 

She had walked down this hallway so many times, she was pretty sure she could even if she was drunk or had her eyes closed. 

Or both at the same time.

But, Eddie wasn't at all concerned with running into anything. She had other things to worry about.

What if he doesn't want to be my partner anymore? 

What if he yells? Or just ignores me? the woman asked herself.

She didn't have time to think anything else, because she had arrived. 

Staring at Jamie's door, Eddie took a deep breath and raised a shaking hand to rap on the solid wood.

Almost immediately after Eddie knocked, Jamie Reagan swung it open. He smiled at the sight of his beautiful partner.

Eddie brushed past him.

"I know, I know, we need to stop meeting like this," she says. She looks around his apartment then settles on the arm of his couch.

"So I think we need to clear the air."

Jamie nods.

"Yeah."

Eddie clasps her hands together and ducks her head. 

"I've been thinking about what you said about me being jealous of Tara," Eddie starts.

"I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry," Jamie apologizes.

Eddie meets his eyes.

"Yeah, well, the thing is, it's true," she admits.

Jamie scrunches his eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?"

Eddie continues, "I was jealous of Tara. Just like I'm jealous every time you go on a date with somebody. You tell me about some girl that's hot-"

"Eddie..." 

She stands up.

"Could you please not talk?" Eddie says, "This is, you know, this is really hard."

She gulps.

"Just let me get it off my chest."

"Okay," Jamie agrees.

Eddie takes a deep breath.

"I have feelings for you. I have for a long time." She pauses."There I said it."

A small smile crosses her face, then she continues.

"I do everything that I can to make them go away, 'cause I mean, you're not even close to my type. You're a complete boy scout, and you make me crazy most of the time."

Eddie swallows hard and wills herself not to cry. She had cried in front of the man she loves most in the world a lot, but this time felt different. 

After a moment, she starts again.

"You're also the best person I think I've ever met."

She starts to get choked up.

"And you're the best friend I've ever had."

Jamie starts to say "Look..." but Eddie interrupts.

"Is that you talking?" she practically yells.

He inwardly rolls his eyes. 

"Sorry."

Eddie finally musters up the courage and finishes her speech.

"I know that you're my partner and I don't want to do anything to screw that up. I just, I needed to tell you that you're so much more than that. And if I didn't tell you, it was going to get really weird."

Jamie scoffs. 

"Cause this doesn't make things weird at all."

Eddie punches him.

Raising his arms up in surrender, Jamie laughs.

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding!"

Then he turns more serious.

"Cards on the table, I have feelings for you, too. I think you know that." 

Eddie smiles and Jamie continues.

"But, we've been down that road before. It's a bad idea for a lot of reasons."

Eddie nods.

"I know."

"It can really cloud your judgement. Totally screw up a partnership."

She nods again and says, "Yeah, totally. I just, you know, I just wanted to be honest."

"Mmhmm."

"Are we good?"

"Definitely."

Eddie started to leave, and right before she reached for the doorknob, she paused.

Eddie didn't want to be cliché, but she couldn't help herself.

She whirled around, and before she knew what she was doing, she kissed Jamie.

Pulling away, Eddie slapped his back.

"Good talk. See ya tomorrow."

And with a bang, the door shut behind her.

Yes I know this is a little late, but oh well, right? Anyway, this isn't made up entirely by me. I just added in their thoughts and a few extras. I hope you guys enjoyed. I swear Jamko will be the death of me.

~Grace