; 3

"Alex, aren't you happy?"
My mom asked. Of course in my head, I could care less. I couldn't understand why they would want me, but I lied to my mom and told her I couldn't wait.
She then started calling a bunch of her friends telling them;
"MY DAUGHTER WILL BE A PRINCESS!"
I was glad to make my mom happy, but now Mario was so mad.
"Let's go outside." I said.
"No." He yelled.
"No? Mario, I'm trying to explain to you what's going o-." I started.
"I said no. Alex, I don't wanna deal with this. I don't need an explanation and I certainly don't need you and your prince. How dare you go behind my back and date him?! I thought you loved me. I thought you were always there for me. No, everything we had just gone like that. I'm done. Forget it. We're through. I NEVER WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN AND I DEFINITELY DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EITHER!" He yelled, then ran off.
What just happened? Mario was the only boy I loved and I don't even know the prince or what he looks like. I tried to hold in my tears as best as I could, but I failed miserably. I quickly ran to my room, and slammed the door.
My mother was too busy talking to all her friends on the phone, and nobody else seemed to notice my screaming.
Great. So now, I'm going to be sent to a castle, to compete with stupid girls, for a dumb prince who I won't even like. To top things off, my boyfriend broke up with me and said he never wants to see or speak to me ever again. Today was simply an amazing day.