chapter 2

Faye (pov)

The next morning Faye slipped out of bed early leaving Brooke a note that she had gone out jogging with Melinda. Melinda was her best friend sense high school and they agreed to go jogging together every Sunday. I couldn't think straight during the jog. My mind would wonder to how much a baby would turn my life upside down.

"Faye watch-" Melinda warned me to late. I smacked my head against a telephone pole.

"Son of a bitch!" I yelled in frustration my head was pounding.

"Oh that had to hurt, let me see." Melinda removed my hands from my head. "Not that bad you'll have a bruise and a slight scratch," she confirmed. "Let's take a brake," she guided me to a bench. "Whats up with you?" Melinda sat down next to me.

"I'm just distracted."

"Are you gonna tell me, I can't read minds Faye ."

I sighed "Brooke wants to have a baby."

"What did you say?"

"I sorta agreed during sex." Melinda burst out laughing.

"You are so whipped."

"I couldn't help it we hadn't had sex in a week. I'm starting to think she did it to me on purpose." Melinda shook her head. "Are kids that bad?" Melinda had a two and a half year old son and a eight month old daughter with her wife Rebecca. Who just happened to be my wife's best friend.

She laughed again. "Between the crying, spit up, messes and late night accidents...sure. I'm lucky if I get to take a piss by myself let alone sleep."

"As my best friend aren't you suppose to ease my fears." I gave her a look.

"That would be lying to you and as your friend I tell you the truth. Having a baby is hard but there are moments that make it worth it. Now come on I only have an hour before Becca calls me telling me to get my ass home."

-------------------

Brooke (pov)

"How'd it go? Did you wear the dress?" Rebecca asked through the phone.

"Yeah it worked I wore the dress but not very long. But she seemed more focused on the sex."

"I swear their both sex crazed. One roll in the sheets and I can get Melinda to watch the babies for the day."

"I feel guilty maybe I pushed her to much it is a life changing choice," I bit my lip.

"Brooke she'll adjust Melinda was the same way till Sunny was born. Now I catch her singing to Tinkerbell dancing with Sunny in the living room." I smiled at the thought. "Trust me she'll be fine." The door knob started to jingle.

"I have to go."

"Alright are we still up for dinner Saturday?"

"We'll be there."

"Alright talk to you later." I hung up and in walked Faye.

"Hey,' she smiled letting her long black hair fall out of the pony tail around her shoulders. I noticed a bruise just above her right eye and a small cut.

"What happened?" I examined her head for further damage. She shrugged and kissed my lips.

"Nothing stupid accident I hit a pole." Faye laughed to herself. She wrapped her arms around my waist. "I was thinking maybe we are ready to have a baby. I'm not saying I'm not scared because I am but I think we can do it."

I smiled "what got you so calm about the idea?"

"Just Melinda and realisation."

"I'll have to thank her." I kissed her lips I was finally starting my family.