1. Can I Take Your Photo?

GxB. Enjoy!

 I look around the office in awe. Cream colored walls, black trim, mahogany desks, the newest computers, comfortable looking black chairs, and printers at each desk. I take a deep breath and look around, seeing people running around, as I try to find Dylan. After a moment, I see him at a desk in the back of the room, his glasses on his face as he reads something, a serious look on his face.

I smile at myself as I walk through the crowd of people and to his desk. When I reach him, I clear my throat, trying to get his attention. He sighs, sets the papers down, and takes his glasses off saying, "What do you want?"

"Maybe some keys and a somewhat happy greeting," I say crudely. He looks up at me and smiles. Standing up he apologizes and says, "Here are the keys. I will be home late tonight."

I nod my head taking the keys from his outstretched hand. I shove the keys into the pocket of my jacket and turn around, about to work my way through the crowd again, until I hear, "Amanda?"

I turn and look at him and he hesitates for a moment before saying, "Are you okay?"

"Yes," I lie, smiling. Three years ago, I wouldn't be able to lie to anyone, forget lying with a smile. I head to Dylan's apartment and go straight to bed. I have a nightmare and wake up an hour before Dylan comes home. I look at my phone to see that I've missed twenty calls from Dave. I fight back tears a I drop it in the trash can. Tomorrow is the start of a new life Amanda. You can start anew.

Next Day:

I wake up to Dylan shaking my shoulder and saying softly, "Ames, you got to wake up. You have your first day at the modeling company today."

I get up groggily and take the cup of coffee from Dylan's hand, a small smile reaching my lips as I take a sip.

Hour Later:

I walk into the building, trying to avoid contact from the hundreds of people all around. I go straight into the elevator and press the button with the number 14. Lucky for me, no one enter the elevator while I'm on. When I get out I instantly feel at home with the sound of music, the clicking of cameras, and the orders from the photographers. I smile to myself thinking, Maybe I can really start a new life here.

To Be Continued... (If you want)