03 | Had A Hunch

Chapter Three

Scott, Liam, and I were currently on the lacrosse field, working on our flaws when a large gust of wind blew by.

I shivered, folding my arms, rubbing them with my hands. "Did you guys feel that?"

"Feel what?" Scott questioned, twirling his lacrosse-stick in hand as he guarded the goal.

I scanned the area, squinting before I shook my head, picking my stick up off the ground. "Nothing...I just- let's keep going."

I scooped up a ball, tossing it over to Liam, who gracefully caught it in his net. "Or we could call it." he pointed out.

"We gotta work on your back shots." Scott addressed,

"Why?" Liam's eyebrows furrowed.

I let out a laugh, "Liam, they suck."

"What are you talkin' about?" Liam bickered.

"Your back shots. Which suck." Scott added.

Liam licked his lips before chucking a ball over his back, landing it perfectly in the goal.

Scott's eyes widened, as I shook my head. "That was luck."

I quickly shot a ball at Liam, who caught it and launched it directly over his back and into the goal. We repeated that process multiple times, in which Scott failed to block any of Liam's shots.

"I must've been thinkin' of someone else.." Scot mumbled, causing my eyes to narrow in confusion.

"Actually, we don't have many players that can't follow through with a successful back shot.." I acknowledged, "We're a strong team."

"Yeah." Liam agreed, "Maybe you were thinking of someone else who should be Captain?"

"We'll make it." Scott affirmed.

I opened my mouth to argue the fact that I planned on being the first female lacrosse captain our school has ever had, until the stadium lights surrounding us begin to turn off one-by-one, leaving us on a dark lacrosse field. Another gust of wind blew through, causing me to shiver as I wrapped my arms around my torso.

"Well, guess we have to go now." Liam sighed, as my eyes continued scanning the area.

Something felt off.

"No, we don't." Scott avowed, tilting his head down as his eyes turned red. Liam copied Scott, his eyes turning a crisp gold, as mine glowed green.

I shook off the awry feeling, rolling my shoulders. "Bring it." I smirked, twirling my lacrosse stick.

Just as I was about to score another goal past Scott, the ball fell out of my net, and I remained standing still.

"Liz?" Scott questioned, before he and Liam shared a look. "Liz, what's wrong?"

Ghost-Riders.

My eyes widened, "The library." I whispered.

"What? What about the library." Liam badgered, loosening his grip on his lacrosse-stick, making his way over to me.

"Erase." I muttered as my eyes met Liam's.

The two of us then took off towards the library, Scott following behind.

Instead of using my library-access card, I extended my arms, causing the double-doors to fly open. The three of us rushed inside, only to be bombarded by Mason, who was holding a fire-extinguisher up as a weapon, and Corey, who was holding a chair.