Chapter 5

"Mitch, time to wake up." Esther said quietly and lightly shook me awake. It took me a little bit to realize what was going on. I opened my eyes to see her smiling down at me and Avi behind her.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked, closing my eyes and snuggling back into Scott's now warm body.

"You slept for several hours. We didn't want to wake you because you seemed so happy lying there." Avi said.

"It's time for you to go home, Mitch." Esther said.

"No!" I don't wanna leave his side. I didn't want to wake Scott up, but I had no way of knowing, other than his heart rate. I peeked up and watched the monitor. It was beating at the same rate it was last night when Avi said that he loved me. Must be awake. "I didn't mean to wake you up, Scotty. Sorry." I snuggled into his side, resting my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"I know you don't want to, but you have to. Your parents are worried and you need to do your homework." Esther said, trying to get me to leave.

"I don't wanna leave." I said plainly.

"I'm sorry, Mitch. But you've gotta go. We have to run some tests on him and make sure he doesn't get sore from laying there for five days." Avi said.

"Can I stay with him for that? Or no?" I want to stay with him until he wakes up. Avi and Esther looked at each other, probably thinking about my question.

"If your parents allow it." Esther finally said.

"Can I call them?" I asked hopefully.

"Of course. I don't know what they'd say, but by all means, go ahead." Esther said. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called my mom. And lemme tell ya, she wasn't too happy with me wanting to stay, but she reluctantly agreed to me staying until visiting hours are closed. Midnight. I thanked her with everything I had and ended the call.

"Alright Mitch. But don't come to me tomorrow if you're too tired to continue your day. You still have to do homework too." Esther said.

"Thank you." I told them and snuggled back into Scott. He was so warm and cuddly. I heard a chuckle and a door close. I looked up and they left. I gave Scott a quick peck on the cheek and snuggled into him again.

"Scott, you're probably awake right now and bored out of your skull, but I don't really have any ideas on what to do to pass the time. I don't really know what to do or what you want to do, shit you can't answer that. Dammit. Um. I'm probably just gonna keep blabbering on and on, but that's okay, right?" I looked at his lifeless face sadly. "I miss you Scott, even though you're right here. I miss your hugs, your laugh, your protectiveness of me, your stares. You. I miss you." I felt a tear go down my cheek as I laid down on top of him. I buried my face in his neck and kissed it. "I love you Scotty." I start crying into his neck, even though I never would unless he can be there for me, and he can't now. I was crying into him for a few minutes, then I felt something wet by my ear. I was confused so I looked up towards the ceiling. No leaks. I wiped off the droplet of water and looked back at Scott. His cheek had a tear stain and water was accumulating by his eyes. "No, Scotty, don't cry, please." I wiped away the tears from his face, but they kept coming. "I know, I miss you too. You've got a little over three days left. I'm pretty sure. I hope it's earlier than that. But it's not too long. Before you know it, you'll be able to hug me again, and I'll hug back. We can cuddle together, we can make memories together. Not that we already have, but we can make more. More happy ones at that. Three days can't be that long, can it?" I asked no one in particular. I snuggled back into Scott's side, breathing in his scent. Masculine, yet soothing. I smiled and snaked an arm towards his leg, bringing it closer to me. I moved him as much as possible so we'd be as close as molecules. I rested my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. I wasn't tired, but I wanted to stay with him for as long as I could.