before we begin...

*long author's note ahead*

i wanted to get right into writing the first chapter, but i have a few things i wanted to share with you all. so i finished watching moon lovers last night. i had a four hour marathon of the last four episodes with my sisters because we were just aching to know what was going to happen next. and now that its over, i feel a huge void in my life.

moon lovers was single handedly the most beautiful thing i have experienced, but also the saddest. wang so and hae soo had a wonderfully tragic love story. 

and it killed me that they didn't exactly get a happy ending.

i mean, hae soo did feel bad about leaving wang so alone in the end. but she never got to see him before passing on, she never got to tell him that in person. and wang so...my little wang so. i honestly feel like he was the main victim in all of this. every single person he loved left him. from general park, to ji mong, to baek ah, and even hae soo who promised to remain by his side and always love him.

yeah we get his line at the end about "finding her". but its not the same. i wanted my ship to reunite. and i wanted them to forget all the bad moments and all the people who tried to separate them. because the way things ended, everyone else kinda won. 

they managed to keep them apart.

and the fact that everyone got some comfort in the end, like jung from baek ah when he confesses that he (jung) was in love with hae soo. baek ah hugs his younger brother. yet no one consoled wang so, who was the one who most suffered and lose the woman he loved. but more than that, he didn't even get to say goodbye to her and that he was sorry for staying away out of pride.

but before i go on a long rant, i will stop myself here.

i also wanted to share with you all a song. this song honestly is so pretty and the sound plus the lyrics remind me so much of moon lovers. its called "en esta no" and its by sin bandera. i'll translate the lyrics for you all and hopefully you will see the connection.

Not in this life,
I don't get to be the one who loves you.
We don't get to make our bed together
Or wind up our alarm clock.

Not in this life,
Our universes aren't meant to cross.
We don't get to write a verse
that describes our love.

Not in this life,
We don't get to walk the world together.
We don't get to travel
through the skies that opened up for us.

Not in this life,
Our story never began.

Perhaps in another life
I can give you everything I feel right now.
Perhaps in another life
I'll get to contemplate the sunrise with you.

Perhaps in another life it will be you and I
Our voices will sing together as one.

Perhaps in another life
I will drink all your anxieties away.
Perhaps in another life
this distant love will cut all distances.
Perhaps in another life we will see the light,
Perhaps in another life you will be first.
Not in this life.

Not in this life
We don't get to say "I love you".
We don't get to save up the bit of money
left in our sock drawer.

Not in this life
though it hurts to accept it.
Though I'll be left with the longing
of wanting to give you everything 
that burns my heart.

Not in this life,
Our story never began.

Perhaps in another life
I can give you everything I feel right now.
Perhaps in another life

I'll get to contemplate the sunrise with you.
Perhaps in another life it will be you and I
Our voices will sing together as one.

Perhaps in another life
I will drink all your anxieties away.

Perhaps in another life
this distant love will cut all distances.
Perhaps in another life we will see the light,
Perhaps in another life you will be first.
Not in this life.

Not in this life.

maybe its just me. but i see the connection with moon lovers, and i really wanted them to have the ending they deserved, even though its cliche. who gives a flying fuck. wang so and hae soo didn't deserve this horrible fate. 

they loved each other so much.

thank you for reading.

first chapter will likely be updated today. as well as my wang eun fic. i just wanted to wait until i finished watching the series so that i wouldn't stray too far from the plot events.

-clary xx