Last Farewell

"The whale is back"

The same nauseating comments echoed as she slumped through the hallways. It was routine for her yet the words still seemed to penetrate her heart like daggers. Tears were threatening to fall yet she held them back as she caught glance of a clock.

The school bell rang and she cautiously stood at her locker waiting for the figures to diffuse into class. Another day of her skipping classes was soon to unfold. Glancing around quickly, she  slipped into the deserted music room and locked the door behind her. Heaving a heavy sigh, she removed her bag and blazer and carefully played her favourite song. Music was the only way that she could escape their words, they couldn't reach her in here.

She began to hum and sing along to the melody, no longer concealing her tears as they fell willingly. Her beautiful voice blanketed the room as she became one with the music. However, she was completely oblivious to the captivated weight that was leaning against the outside of the door.

He was in a complete trance, eyes closed and head slightly swaying with the beat. Everyday he would never fail to be caught up in the beauty of what was in the room behind his back. He would listen to her perform the same song everyday, yet he was still mesmerised by her talent. Not once had he seen her face, nor did he plan to, he just simply wanted to bask in the sound of her voice. His heart pounded against his chest at an unruly pace and he silently fantasised of what beautiful girl could be behind the door.

His blissful moment shortly ended as the music did too. With his body jolting upright, he swiftly made his way to his locker to cover up his whereabouts. Noticing small slips of paper hanging out from every angle, he heaved a sigh knowing what was awaiting him on the other side. With a gentle tug, dozens of confessions and fan mails leaked from his private space and crashed to the floor.

He rolled his eyes and gently closed the door. Leaning on his heals, he span around only to be greeted with the presence of another student. He eyed her nonchalantly as she passed before calling a snidey remark in her direction and walking away. He was too blinded by her appearance to realise that her voice was the only thing that could make his heart travel at a rapid pace.

Tears blurred her vision once again as she felt her heart sink to the pit of her stomach, shattering at the impact. Not only did the whole school bully her, but the schools most popular boy also joined in on the 'fun'. The guy who made her heart pound had also torn it right out of her chest.. and that's when she finally gave up.

She ran as fast as her legs could take her, completely ignoring her classes and annoyed calls from the teachers. Her mind was set on getting home. She knew she could be completely alone there as her parents were out of town. Upon arrival she slammed her front door shut and moved briskly towards her room, stopping briefly to collect a pen and paper.

She flung open the door to her room and began gathering up her essential belongings; Throwing clothes into a suitcase she had hidden under her bed just in case she decided to escape her reality. After finishing, she gently lifted up her mattress and revealed a stash of money she had collected from summer jobs and chores around the house. Her parents were always supportive of what she was going through, but this time was different. They couldn't help her.

After piling the money into her bag she quickly took hold of the pen and paper yet again and began writing. She re-read her departure letter a few times before sticking it to the fridge where she knew it would be seen.

Dear mother and father,
I know you was expecting this sooner or later, but I have finally found the courage to take action. I am taking the money I saved and moving to America. I can no longer be a burden to you and the people around me. Please do not look for me as I will not do anything too stupid or unnecessary, just accept that I am doing this for the benefit of everyone. I hope that this will not cause you too much worry, however this may be my last farewell. Please take care of yourself and thank you for supporting and loving me. I will miss and love you dearly,

Yeonmi

Taking a final glance around her house, she locked the door with a heavy heart and tears strolling down her face. Taking a step forward, she acknowledged that she was taking her first step towards her new life. The thought of the new her made a hopeful smile tug at the corner of her lips. And with that.. she left.

(A.N) So this is my first time writing a fan fiction so I'm sorry it's not good! I know it's cliché but I like that kind of thing. If I even get one read I would be grateful to be honest, lmao! Anyway I hope it's not to bad and I hope you enjoy my first ever fan fiction! Just tell me if I should discontinue because I wouldn't want to humiliate myself, THANKS!

P.S Kita and I share this account so she will write lots of really good BTS and girl group fanfics mainly whilst I make random ones!

Amber xx