Nightmare Breakfast

Her eyes fluttered open slightly, allowing the sun to stream passed her eyelashes before she closed them harshly again. She put a weak hand on her forehead as she felt a nauseating headache appear and licked her dry lips. The taste of vomit still very prominent in her mouth made her very aware of her situation. She had the worst hangover she had ever had. Attempting the horrible task of sitting up, she only then felt how comfortable her surroundings were. Finally opening her eyes, Yeonmi realized that not only was she in someone else's bed, but she was also wearing somebody else's clothes. Panic suddenly overtook her body. Scrambling out of the mysterious bed despite her body begging her not to, her eyes darted all over the room for clues of where she was. Finding nothing but a load of boys clothes, she ventured outside of the bedroom walls to try her luck out there. She got her answer.

She was greeted with the quite glorious image of her boss and recently made friend Jay Park doing pull-ups in the living area of the house. Her entry, however, was missed by him as he had his headphones on; but once he had said the number 50 out loud and dropped from the bar, the back of his head was met with a pillow that was thrown at him from the amused girl in the doorway of his bedroom. His whole body jolted and he spun around to face the culprit only to smile in relief at the sight of Yeonmi stifling a giggle behind the palm of her hand. Jay's eyes scanned over her appearance with a smile still very apparent on his lips, enjoying the way she looked in his oversized clothes. He slid his headphones off his ears and placed them around his neck when he noticed that she was about to speak.

"Good morning Mr. Park, I see you're working hard to keep those muscles of yours." Her voice was still heavy with sleep, but when she noticed how his eyebrows shot up quizzically her tone suddenly perked up. "Not that I was watching or anything. I only just got here. I swear I wasn't spying on you. I'm not a creep honestly.." Jay watched her fumble over reassuring him with an amused smirk on his face. She really is adorable. She instantly ceased her rambling when she saw that he was smiling, biting her lip to try and stop her own shy smile appearing.

"Good morning to you too Yeonmi," he spoke with a giggle. "How're you feeling?"

"Besides the pounding headache and disgusting taste of regurgitated alcohol lingering in my mouth, I feel pretty good actually." A chuckle was heard from Jay before he disappeared into the kitchen. Yeonmi still stood in the doorway of the bedroom, resting upon the frame and flinching when she the sound of clattering and a soft curse was heard from the kitchen. Jay emerged seconds later holding a glass of water and some pills in his hands, gingerly passing them to the disheveled girl before him. He noticed that she still seemed a bit apprehensive whilst accepting his help and he decided to explain himself as he watched her swallow the tablets.

"Sorry if you were a bit shocked to wake up here. Hoody helped me bring you here after we couldn't find your keys in your bag and she was the one that dressed you, I just carried you to bed and held your hair back when your stomach rejected the alcohol." A smile threatened to raise the corners of Yeonmi's lips as she listened to him talk about his kindness; she mumbled a quiet thank you as she lowered her head, feeling her cheeks heat up. "I slept on the sofa by the way." She didn't even think about that, suddenly feeling very apologetic for making him do that in his own home. As if he could read her mind, he spoke up once again. "Really it's okay, I had to get up early anyway," they both glanced towards the clock, "and I couldn't let you sleep there in the state you were in." He chuckled fondly at the memory of her unsteady state last night.

"Thank you, I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for me."

"How about you let me take you out for breakfast to make it up to me?" The words left his mouth before he could stop them. They both wore the same shocked expression as they just stared silently at each other. Yeonmi had a lot of things flowing through her mind right now. She had her reservations about spending time alone with him, but on the other hand she thought it would help her move on from the past and live her life now. She pondered for a few minutes, making Jay even more nervous, however she came to her conclusion at last and now she found herself sitting in a secluded booth in the corner of a local café waiting for Jay to finish ordering their food. Against her own inner turmoil, Yeonmi decided it would be best to just relax and enjoy herself for once, she deserved it after working so hard on her song with Hoody. Small talk was exchanged between the couple hidden away from suspecting eyes until their breakfast was placed in front of them by a rather promiscuous waitress. She sent Jay a not-so-subtle wink, not even glancing at the girl sitting across from him, but he just brushed it off. It was silent for a while until Jay decided to speak up.

"So about last night," he waited to see that Yeonmi had acknowledged his conversation starter, "do you remember anything?" With a mouth full of food Yeonmi could not formulate a polite reply so she just simply shook her head. Jay took a deep breath, looking very nervous all of a sudden and Yeonmi started to get anxious. "You said some things that didn't really make sense." Even with the uncomfortable topic of conversation, he was still surprised to see Yeonmi visibly tense as her chewing stuttered for a brief second. She darted a quick glance in his direction before returning her eyes to her food which was suddenly becoming much more unappealing. She tried to think of anything, anything that she could have possibly said to him, but her mind was void. Jay took a minute to see if she would relax, even just a little bit before continuing. "I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable or anything, but if I don't speak about it with you then it will just play on my mind and drive me crazy."

Yeonmi listened to his words carefully, attempting to decipher his current emotion. He sounded just as nervous as she felt and there was a hint of bother in his tone. She could tell that it wasn't directed at her, more like he was annoyed with himself because he wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it. Sensing where this conversation may be heading, she gulped down the pancake in her mouth with a great struggle and put on the bravest face she could muster, looking him dead in the eye. She gently placed down her knife and fork before wiping her mouth all without looking away from Jay's waiting gaze. "I have a feeling I know what you are going to say to me. I told you that I would talk to you when the time was right and clearly my drunk mouth thought spilling it in a nightclub was a good idea. I will explain, I promise. I owe you that much at least, but I don't want to do it here. Not with all these people around," she darted her eyes around the café before returning them to land on his. There wasn't that many people there, but she could already feel the tears trying to push through. "Let's go back to my place, I'll tell you everything you want to know."

(A/N): Okay so I'm sorry for the pretty uneventful update, but I wanted to prove that I care about this story and I'm not going to give it up by getting something out quickly. I'm currently trying to plan a path for this story and it's proving harder than I thought because I keep changing and rejecting ideas as I go on. I promise the next chapter will be more juicy and interesting for you so please bare with me. Thank you again for all the reads and votes, 854 reads and 30 votes is incredible and more than I could of asked for so I sincerely thank you.

Amber xx