ten

It had been a week since I was grounded and today I was being let off. It's also been a week since Michael and I's little.. err, episode. I sat on my bed and smiled as the thoughts flooded back to my mind. We hadn't spoken much since then but tomorrow was the concert. The thought of three hours in a car with Michael filled me with confusion. I wasn't sure if I was happy or nervous or scared but I knew that I was excited and there was no way I could back out now.

I walked over to my closet and picked out my outfit for tomorrow. I picked a T-Shirt with the band's logo on it and some beetle juice leggings. I smiled and decided to take a shower now so I wouldn't have to tomorrow. Once I climbed out I slipped into my pajamas.

As I laid down on my bed I felt my phone vibrating signaling I had a call. Michael Clifford was on the caller ID and I bit the inside of my cheek as I answered. "Hello?" his voice rung from the other side. "Hey." I answered back. "Are you ready for tomorrow?" he sounded just like a little boy and I felt a smile creep onto my face as I remembered him opening the tickets. "Yeah I got my outfit and everything ready." "Oh my gawd lemme see it!" he said with his best impression of a teenage girl. I grabbed my shirt and leggings and I walked over to the window and showed it to him.

"Adorbs." he said through the phone. I giggled and hung up on him as I opened my window. He mimicked my actions and we sat there for a while just, observing each other. I took in his strange hair and his scruffy face as stubble grew along his chin. The way his smile could make my day was strange but I knew that Michael had grown on me .I thought back as to how fast the past month had flown by. Michael and I have had multiple fights that were fixed within hours.

We fought then made up, we were like that annoying on again/ off again couple except, we were not a couple. We were something strange. There was something there but our feelings were always timed wrong. I refused to become "something" with Michael in after just a month of knowing each other.

The way I let Michael in scared me. I trusted him completely and I let him hug me and hold me and that's when I realized that Michael was doing something to me. It's like he was putting me under some sort of spell that made me want to fall into his arms.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Michael throwing a marshmallow at me. "What the hell?" I yelled trying to sound angry but ultimately failed when I started laughing. We both sat there laughing when I heard a knock at my door.

I opened my door to find my sister with a smirk plastered on her face. "There's some really cute guy asking for you and his name is Anthony so you better get your ass down there because I'm not letting you let him get away." she turned around an headed downstairs. After the party I didn't want anything to do with Anthony.

I groaned and ran to my window to tell Michael. I didn't mention names because I knew it'd be awkward for us both. I ran back downstairs to find Anthony sitting on the couch talking to Alex, my sister, talking to him. She got up and have me a thumbs up as she walked out of the room.

I sat down across from Anthony, keeping distance so he wouldn't get the wrong message. "Listen, I know that what happened at the party was probably a mistake for you but I felt something there and I was thinking-" I cut him off because I wanted to go nowhere with Anthony. I didn't like him anymore because I knew that our chances were out the window.

I wasn't flipping back to falling head over heels for him so I set him straight. "Listen, Anthony, what happened at the party was a mistake and I don't think we should go any further. I've got other things going on right now and I don't really have feelings for you anymore." I said with a shrug. I probably sounded like a bitch but I really didn't care because I wanted the message to get to him loud and clear.

"Like what? That freak who you're always hanging around? You know I'm better looking than him and I can give you more. I bet I can fuck you better than him." He crossed the line with that remark. The thought of Michael and I 'doing it' never crossed my mind and I wished it never had. "Okay you need to shut up and get out. And no, Michael and I aren't dating, let alone having sex!" I pulled him and pushed him out the door.

I felt like throwing up after touching him and I cringed at the thought of letting him touch me. Alex walked in and asked where Anthony was. I told her what happened as she rolled her eyes and walked upstairs. It's not like she was the he was going after.

I walked back to my room and Michael asked what was wrong. I completely forgot about the awkwardness and told him everything. He grew tense at the mention of Anthony. He and I both decided it'd be best to get some sleep for tomorrow so exchanges goodbyes and left.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Anthony had paid his visit a few hours ago and I cringed at the memory. I tried going to sleep but my stomach churned at the worries of the car ride to the concert. I knew I was overreacting but it just made me nervous. I sucked it up and thought on the bright side, I'd be getting to see my favorite band live, front row I might add. I fell asleep quickly as I let my imagination take over.

I woke up the next morning and smiled at the time. It was 10:00 AM on Wednesday morning. My parents and Misty were letting Michael and me miss school since we wanted to go explore LA while we were there.

We were leaving in an hour and I made sure my phone was charged and that I had everything I needed which wasn't much. I brought a bag with a book, some snacks, and a notebook. I sort of used it as my diary but I didn't write in it often, just about the big stuff.

I got up and put on my outfit that I had picked the day before. I would apply my makeup in the car so I ran downstairs and greeted my family. "Daisy honey, come here." my mom called me. Her and my dad were seated next to each other with unreadable expressions.

"You're not in trouble but we need to talk to you." I walked slowly over to them unsure of what was going on. "Listen, we trust you entirely and we know that you're a very smart girl, but Michael is a teenage b-"

How did I not figure this would happen. I knew they didn't like Michael but it was too late because I had been waiting for this.

"Michael is a straight a student who's been on honor roll for all his life. He's got scholarships lined up and everything. Do you really think he'd risk losing that by having sex with me and possibly getting me pregnant?"

They tried to defend themselves but I further defended him and they just gave up. I grabbed the last of my things and said goodbye as I ran outside to Michael's car.

We greeted each other and climbed in. He stopped and looked over at me worriedly. I knew what he was thinking but I wouldn't let him change his mind after I had worked so hard to change mine.

"Everything will be amazing, trust me." I reassured him. He gave me a small smile and he backed out of the driveway. This was it. I put my headphones in and hummed to the music on them. My hand was rested on the center console when I felt Michael grab it.

I felt chills run up my spine when his large hand got a hold of mine. I smiled and took a mental picture of all of this. I knew that I had made the right choice in coming with Michael when I closed my eyes and continued humming.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hellooooo so HAPPY NEW YEARS GUYS I hope that this year is good to you and I wanna know ur New Years resolutions.

Mines to get healthier and be nicer to people. Ok bye now c: