-2-

When the boy with grey eyes said he loved me I argued with him, how could love someone who he also claimed to hate. I'm gay, you think i'm going to hell, how can you possibly love me? When the boy with coffee for skin said he loved me, I left, he frightened me. When the girl with the sunlit hair said she loved me, I said it back, I was lying, I didn't know how to love, how could I at such an age? So when I left her too I felt guilty, I had lied to her. When the boy with a voice the colour of the Thames said he loved me, I said it back, this time it was not a lie, but it also wasn't truth I didn't love him the way he thought I did. When he left I cried, I thought it was unfair. When the boy whose eyes were literally made of ice said he loved me, I had sex with him on the beach at three am, he froze my toes, and he left. When the boy with hair like flames said he loved me, I said it back. I'd known him three days, when I got home, we never spoke again. When the boy who was brown and white all over, said he loved me, for awhile I truly believed I did in fact love him. I left when I realized I didn't love him at all. I left him for a girl who had skin the colour of milk said she loved me, and she didn't she let me have ti all before pulling it away from me, she let me starve. I am in love with a new girl, she eyes that are a galaxy and hair that coils around my fingers when I kiss her, she has skin softer than silk and her laughter is the colour of sunsets. She is the rainbow and she is every colour there is. Neither of us has told the other we love them. We already know.