Chapter Two: A Love Bite

"I need help with my wedding sartorial." Evie sighed as the two assassin's walked through the streets on London. "You need help with a wedding dress?" Isabelle asked. "Yes, I'm afraid I must wear one of those diabolical, dreadful, d-" "-I get it, a lot of insulting words for the wretched dress. Have no fear, Evie. We shall find a dress that is not only comfortable, but one you can move freely around in- or more importantly- breathe in." Isabelle chuckled. "They're quite awful." Evie agreed with a sigh as the two entered a dress making store.

"You would look most embellishing in this." Evie said, holding up a dress. "We are here for you, Evie, not me." Isabelle chucked, but admiring the dress. "Plus, that is a wedding dress. I'm not the one getting married." Isabelle added. "How about you try it on? Please?" Evie suggested, a hopeful look in her eye. Isabelle pondered the thought for a moment. "Alright, but just this once." Isabelle said, taking the dress into her hands and trying it on. Evie gasped, "You look beautiful, your husband will be a lucky man." Evie complimented. "Oh, thank you," Isabelle said with a light blush. Isabelle had decided that should she ever get married; she would come back for this dress (or one hopefully as identical). "Now I must see your dress." Isabelle insisted.

"I'm not so sure about this." Evie called from her privacy. "Just come out, it will promisingly look augmenting, I assure you." Isabelle said. "Its not that, I cannot tie the dress." Evie said. "Would you like some help?" Isabelle asked. "I would appreciate it." Evie said. After Evie had gotten clothed, she turned around so Isabelle could see her from the front. "Henry is the luckiest man alive." Isabelle said, admiring how the dress made Evie's curves stand out. The dress gave her an hourglass figure, and the white made her facial features stand out. "You are making me blush." Evie said with a large grin on her face, turning away so Isabelle's gaze would no longer flatter her.

Later that day, Jacob and Isabelle were lounging around the train. Jacob spoke of his mission and how easy the simply common tasks were, and how he was ever so painfully bored. Isabelle picked up a bowl of grapes and clicked her fingers. Jacob's head snapped up to her direction. "What?" he asked. "Open your mouth, and I'll try to get these grapes into it." Isabelle said. "How is that any amusement for me?" Jacob chuckled sitting up normally. "Not only will you be able to manoeuvre your head to catch the grapes; but you get to eat them, too. My amusement is them hitting your face." Isabelle grinned, grabbing the first grape in her adroit fingertips. "Oh come on, challenge accepted!" Jacob roared, positioning himself.

Isabelle missed the first two times, and stopped after the second one. "I guess I'm better at throwing knives than I am grapes," she said, grinning at Jacob who held a hand over his eye. "Bullseye." she muttered, grinning at her own joke. "Funny. Let me try." Jacob said, reaching an arm out, waiting for Isabelle to hand him the grapes. "No, one more shot." Isabelle insisted. "Fine." Jacob surrendered to Isabelle's excitement, readying himself. Isabelle threw the grape and as Jacob moved forward to catch the grape, it hit his bottom lip, then hit the rug beneath him. "No, this isn't my throwing. You must just be terrible with your mouth." Isabelle said, picking a grape and placing it in her mouth. "You wouldn't know how good I am with my mouth." Jacob winks.

Isabelle nearly chokes on her grape, and Jacob bursts out into a breathless chuckle. Isabelle finally managed to swallow the grape before grabbing another one and pegging it at Jacob where it hit the tender skin on his neck. "What are you two- are you throwing grapes at one another?" Evie asked, stopping mid sentence. Evie's literature and the way she spoke fluently with knowledge and sureness was one of the things Isabelle loved about Evie; Evie seemed to rarely abridge her words, where as Jacob was always using abbreviations. But even on Jacob, the abbreviations never sounded sloppy but rather reflected his laid back personality. "No, we're throwing them into each other's mouths." Jacob corrected once he had calmed down from his fit of laughter. Evie let out a light scoff, "Well I need you to go to- wait. Is that- is that a love bite?" Evie asked, pressing a gloved finger against a small red mark on Jacob's neck.

"No! It was a grape!" Jacob blushed furiously. Evie rose an eye brow. "Oh I'm sure it was." Evie said unconvinced, a look of disbelief and suspicion on her face. Isabelle was in between laughing and feeling embarrassed; no doubt Evie assumed Isabelle had been the one leaving kiss trails on her twin's neck. Evie left the cart and Isabelle glared at Jacob. "That's what you get when you act suggestively." Isabelle scoffed. "Me? Suggestive? If anyone's suggestive its you- or so my sister probably now believes." Jacob said. "Your sister believes what?" Henry asked, holding a few papers in his hands.

"My sister believes that there is a romance happening between Isabelle and I." Jacob said. "Aren't you two romantically involved?" Henry asked. "No." Isabelle answered while Jacob sat on the chair relaxed with a smug and self-satisfied look across his face. "Oh, well, you two would make a great couple. Excuse me, I must deliver these to Evie." Henry excused himself from the cart. "Why didn't you say anything?" Isabelle exclaimed, her voice laced with shock and a hint of betrayal. "Whatever do you mean, lover?" Jacob smirked. Isabelle blushed harshly, "Jacob- you- we- no." Isabelle sighed, tossing another grape lazily in Jacob's general direction.

"What are you reading?" Jacob asked later that day, peering over Isabelle's shoulder. "A book." Isabelle answered, giving short answers to demolish Jacob's interest. Jacob sat on the desk, his legs swinging back and forth childishly. "What kind of book?" he pressed on. "Don't you have anything to do other than annoy me?" Isabelle asked. "No, I've completed everything else on my agenda for today. This appears to be all that's left." Jacob retorted, throwing his arms out to the open air. Isabelle rolled her eyes, the focusing on her book. "So what's it about?" Jacob said. "Leave me in peace!" Isabelle groaned, putting the book on the desk and glaring up at Jacob.

"Not until you entertain me." Jacob said, ceasing his leg swinging as he leant a palm in the middle of the desk, leaning his weight. "What's so good about that book that you're nearly half way through it?" Jacob asked. "Fine. It's by Jose De Alencar and it's called Five Minutes. Entertained?" Isabelle asked. "Why? Is it about lasting five minutes in the sheets?" Jacob smirked. Isabelle picked up the book and went to hit Jacob with it, so Jacob held up his arm in front of his face, and Isabelle hit the book against his gauntlet. Of course she could have continued her arm movement to hit Jacob elsewhere, but this was a lazy hit, intended to do no harm other than to show Jacob just how much she detested his presence. "You are most entertaining, but please, I'm not in the mood." Isabelle dismissed Jacob.

"Oh I see, that book gets you in the mood to-" "-No! Jacob! My goodness..." Isabelle scoffed. "Fine, fine. What's the book actually about, then?" he asked. "Love. Don't make another bedding joke." Isabelle warned, glaring daggers at Jacob who raised his hands sarcastically in defense. "Alright" he smiled, getting off the desk. "Don't sit on the desk, idiot." Evie scoffed. Out of Evie's entire vocabulary, the word 'idiot' seemed to be the least formal, or perhaps it was the way she said it that made Isabelle think this. "Why not?" Jacob asked, asking questions as a way to pass his boredom. "Just do not do it." Evie ordered, rolling her eyes and taking a seat on the loveseat. "Oh, Five Minutes? Its quite a good read." Evie noted. "Isn't it?" Isabelle said. "Is it the Italian copy?" Evie asked curiously, secretly ardent to know if Isabelle could read/ speak Italian.

"No, this is the English copy." Isabelle said, turning a page. "Boss! The factory's been set on fire!" a Rook exclaimed, her hands on either side of the carriage door beside her head for balance. "Where? Which one?" Jacob asked frantically. Usually Jacob was sangfroid, but when it came to his gang, it was more obvious he worried. "Just down the road a bit, come on, I'll show you!" the Rook said. Jacob jumped out of the train and into the streets immediately, following three other Rooks. "I should go and help." Isabelle said aloud for Evie to hear before jumping out of the train and following after the Rooks and their boss.