Chapter 7: Heart of the Cards

They talked for a while, getting to know the female reaper who they'll be traveling with from now on.
Amaranth had been ran out of her home years ago and her parents executed for using the dark arts. She was lucky enough to escape. She's been by herself ever since.
She took off her robe to reveal a bit more skin than she should. She was wearing a dark corset and a short skirt, leaving little room for imagination. Also with knee high boots over perfect snowy white legs.
Ash became a bit envious of the snow white maiden. Amaranth was elegant compared to her, Ash herself kind of thought of herself as a mere joke. She attracted a bit of attention, but not the kind Amaranth did.
She stood, "I'm going for a walk right quick." She trotted off.

The three left kept talking.
"So how long has it been since you've actually been around people?" Mason asked.
"I would say about 8 months. I had to deal with some people hunting me down." She spoke firmly.
Deus spoke next, "So what do you think the dream is about?"
"My thought is that us and 4 others are destined to stop Furcas or die trying." She looked over at him.
"But how. How would we manage to stop something like that?" He questioned.
She chuckled, "I guess we'll know when the time comes."

Ash came to a stop at a small pond with beautiful flowers floating in the surface. The water looking silver from the moonlight.
She took off her boots and socks and let her feet set in the water. She had rolled up the legs of the pants she wore.
She shifted and lay in her back, looking at the midnight blue sky, streaks of light across it from the moon.
"I just don't understand," She whispered to herself, "I can't tell him how I feel."
She twirled cards between her fingers and shuffled them with one hand. She drew one and held it between her fingers and blew on it, the card turning bright silver and disappearing. A symbol appeared on the ground and an image appeared.
She sat up and looked at her work.
It was a king and queen of hearts, standing together, by at a closer look, it is noticed that the king and queen were, in fact, actually Deus and herself.
She smiled, "If only."
The image faded and she stood and put her socks and boots back on.
"You're my king of hearts, yet I only appear to be the petty joker for entertainment." She said to herself.
She came to a large stone and held the deck in her hand, waving her fingers, the cards sliced into and through the stone, carving a intricate statue.
If was of a king and queen. The king holding a lance, looking similar to that of Deus. The queen resembling Ash, having cards between delicate stone fingers.
She smiled slightly and began walking back.
She returned after they were all asleep, so she made her a place to sleep and lay down, her king of hearts on mind.