Chapter 17-complete

~Kendra

I woke up with Axl on the phone.
"Was meinen Sie?" {What do you mean?}He is talking German again. I hear a girl's voice on the other end. It's Raina's voice.
"Ich weiß werde mit ihr sprechen, sobald sie aufwacht. Tshüss."(I know, I'll talk to her as soon as she wakes up. Bye)

What was that about? I turn around in the bed, and smile at Axl.

"Morning." I smirked.
He turned around and stared at me.
"I didn't wake you, did I?" he asked concern laced in his voice.
I shake my head no, and stood up. He shot straight up, and walked to me.

"Let me help you." he laughed.
I let him help me, but something is different about his attitude, and I want to know why.

"What's going on? You're acting different."

"I want to talk to you." he stated.
"Okay? About what?" I ask

"About us. I have to tell you something. This is very difficult to tell you, but you have to listen."
I'm beginning to get alarmed at how he is acting, but I nod, wanting to know what he has to say.

"So, my father is your father's best friend, and they want us to marry. At first, I was shocked, because I never even met you, but their minds were made up the minute they heard that you were alive. That's why I didn't want to talk to you at first, because I thought that you're the reason that my life is going to be over. But then I learned more about you, and I just want to say that I am extremely sorry for how I acted at first."

My mouth hung wide open, and I blinked a few times. This is so much information, but thankfully, I process information very quickly, and I made up my mind.

"Axl, why didn't you tell me this in the first place! I mean, I like you too, and I understand everything, but why would you hide this from me?"

"Because I didn't know how you would react to this information. But I still have one question for you."

"What, is there more to the story? Axl, this is my life we are talking about, and you're telling me that I have no say in what happens in it?"

He is beginning to laugh at me. I kind of like his laugh, it makes me warm and tingly in my heart.

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm actually glad that they made the decision, because I really like you, and that is why I'm going to ask you this question..."

"Wait, you're not proposing, are you?"
I interrupt him. He blinks at me, and begins to laugh. What did I say to trigger him like this?

"No, I'm not proposing, I still have to get to know you better, sweety. No, I'm asking you if you want to be my girlfriend, then we can get to know each other better."

Sweety...
He called me sweety, and I actually like it...

A smile spread to my face.
"Yes, I will be your girlfriend."
Honestly, I haven't seen such a huge smile on his face in, like, ever.

I still have one thing on my mind though..

"If we're going to be honest with each other, then answer me this. What language did you speak?"

I know what language he spoke, but I wanted to hear it from him.

"I speak English. Everyone does. The language is German. I only talk to my friends in German, because German is the original language of this land. No one talks German anymore, but we really love the language, so we still talk German to each other.. Raina, Astrid and Grover are my friends. They are the only people that didn't judge me on my disorder. Raina and Grover are dating, and Astrid is still looking for someone. Anyway, back to the language thingy, we don't talk German so much, so don't worry." he laughed.

After that, I went to eat something, because Iwas really hungry, until a loud crash came from outside.