Mine

Nicki

"I don't think it's that serious. Y'all just started getting involved seriously today, right?" Bey asked. I nodded. "Yeah, but still. He knew how I felt about him."

"He probably didn't. You was pushing him away a little until now." I sighed, shaking my head. "And for all we know, that girl prolly don't know shit about what went down. Everybody wanna be experts about something they have no clue about."

I sighed. "But what if it is true." She shrugged. "I say, you don'f worry about it. When it comes up, it comes up. But I think you should only be worried about what happens now and in the future since you guys are focused on each other."

"Aight, I'ma go to sleep. I got like, 5 heads to do tomorrow." She scoffed. "Girl, I'm bout tired of running that shop. The girls in there are so trifling. Except you."

     "Telling me? Trina was tryna mess with Meek." She shook her head. "Blocklist right?" I nodded. "No other place for her."

      "But forreal, it's late and Jay boutta come over." I laughed. "Girl, boo. Bye." She laughed. Bye."

I put my phone on my charger and turned off my light, dozing off.

•••

"Thanks Nic, keep the tip." I stuck my tongue out and counted my money from a day's work. "Girl, you can keep coming here and getting a fix up cause yo pockets generous." She chuckled. "Bye Nicki."

"Bye Liah." I was in the middle of counting when Trina walked up to me at my booth and stood there. "Would you like to say something?" I asked, after she stood there for a few seconds. "How's Meek."

I scoffed. "Oh, Meek and I are doing fine. How's the blocklist?" She smacked her teeth, walking away. "Oh, alright. Guess the conversation's over." Bey came from the back and I handed her my booth rent.

     "Thanks." I nodded. "We looked at each other and laughed at what I'd said to Trina. "Nic, get out and go see Meek." She said, turning to me. "I don't want to." She shrugged. "I'm making you."

     "I shouldn't have told you last night." I said, rolling my eyes. "Bye." She said, shooing me away. I sighed, calling Meek and gathering my things.

     I decided to be petty and walk past Trina while I talk. "Hey baby." I said, walking past her booth. I stopped to look in my purse. "Wassup Nic?"

     "We still going out?" I asked. "Yeah, if you want." I side-eyed her and she was staring dead at me. "Oh, see you later Trina!" I said, walking out of the door.

"What you talking to Trina for?" I got in my car. "Being petty. You picking me up or I'm coming to you?"

"I'll pick you up. We just going to the movies." He said. "Oh, okay. And we need to talk."

"Yes ma'am. I'll call you back when I'm close." I nodded. "Okay." I hung up and started driving home.

When I got there, he was already outside. I got out if my car and into his. "You were already here?" He shook his head. "In the area. I was about to call you." I nodded as he pulled off.

"So what we need to talk about?" I licked my lips. "Who's Draya?" He looked at me. "Girl I used to mess with? Why?" I shrugged. "Nothing. I just heard some things about her." He shook his head. "I knew this was gone happen."