One

"I don't want to, and I'm not." I demand to my mother and father that had just gotten finished taking their things into the car.

"Maybe if we could trust you here alone you wouldn't have to be fighting us right now." She spat.

"I'm sixteen years old mom! I don't need a babysitter!" I yell.

"Too bad, get in the car, I'll be out in a second." I roll my eyes and step outside and walk to the car.

My dad eyes me as I sit down in the back seat. "What?" I say rudely and a little on the quiet side.

"Be good." He says.

I mumble a "mmhm" and plug both my headphones in.
My mom finally joins us in the car and they drove me two hours away to my babysitters house, which I didn't need.

"Get out of the car, rose." My dad says.
He's always been nicer to me than my mother, my mothers always so bossy and rude to me.

I do as told and walk out of the car, this guy had a mansion, an older looking one, the kind of houses I liked but could never afford.

My mom walks to the door with me, and a tallish man with curly hair opens the door.

"Hi, this is my daughter Delilah." She says.

"Oh hey, any extra information I need to know before you leave?" He asks my mom nicely, then taking a grin as he looks at me.

"She's extremely allergic to peanut butter and often has issues with her left ankle, but other than that she should be just fine." My mom says nicely and hands the guy a bottle of my pills to kill the pain from my ankle.

"Goodbye, rose, be good." She says and walks off, as if I'm a dog.

Jc takes my hand and walks me inside, I pull my hand out of his.

"So rose..-" I cut him off.
"My friends and family call me rose or Rosie, to you its Delilah." I say rudely, I wasn't haply to be here with a twenty two year old man.

"I don't think your mother would mind if I called you rose, therefore your name is what I want it to be."

"Who do you think you are? Your just a dumb ass baby sitter, who obviously just needs extra money or is a pedophile to be babysitting sixteen year olds."
I can't even believe my parents would leave me here with someone not too much older than me, and a boy.
Not that I'd do that with this guy, but my parents assume I would.

"Rose, I know your parents." He says.

"How?" I ask.

"I own the company, honey, how else do you think I have this house?"

"I don't know and I honestly don't care, but if you don't need money what's the point in this?"

"I told you, I know your parents, they asked me to do this."

"I don't see why I couldn't just stay home."

"I know what you did last time, I can understand why you can't be home alone."

I roll my eyes.
"Where do I put my shit?" I ask.

"Upstairs in any of the empty rooms with just a bed and dresser." He says.

"I pick my room?" I ask.

"Yes, now go, we have to go to the store after you get unpacked."

Seriously? Why couldn't he have gone before I got here? I hate grocery shopping.

I roll my eyes and walk upstairs.
I understand I'm being extremely rude to him, but what they hell, seriously? I don't need a baby sitter and he seems to agree with my parents that I do.

I unpack my things and walk back downstairs.
"Okay, let's go." He says.

"Please, Justin." I say.

"What?" He asks.

"Please don't make me go, I don't want to." I say.

"Your parents are paying me to babysit you, okay? I'm not going to screw that up. Now let's go." He demands.

"Justin." I say in a solemn tone.

"You promise to say inside that room the whole time?" He asks.

I nod.
He takes a key from his pocket and unlocks a drawer, opening to a bunch of keys.

He looked like he was searching for something, he finally found a key and walked upstairs we me.

"What is that for?" I ask.

"I'm locking you in there, just to be safe."

"What if I have to pee?" I ask.

"There's a bathroom in there, and here's a water bottle." He hands me one from a fridge in the hallway and I step into the room.

"I'll be back soon. Stay here." He says.

I put on a fake smile and nod, sitting on the bed.

He closes the door and I can hear him lock it, the footsteps going downstairs, and his car pull out of the drive way.

I eye the window, wondering if I'd die from a jump like that.
I didn't feel the need to leave so badly right now, Jc seemed pretty laid back, but strict at the same time.

I don't really know him so much so far, but I'd rather be here than with my parents.