~17~

❝ it's just something i did in my free time ❞ he answers casually. he waits for her to face him. he waits for her to shout at him and tell him to never speak to her again, but she stays silent and continues to look at the mass of photos.

she is glad her back is turned to him because at that moment her face only holds what can be described as fear.

❝ do you like it? ❞ he asks.

she is about to say no, but then she remembers what happened to her mother.

she plasters a smile on her face and turns to face him.

❝i love it! ❞ she says and hugs him.

❝listen, i have to go❞ she says, ❝i was supposed to be meeting with one of my friends❞ she finishes before rushing, but not too fast, out the room to get her things.

when she leaves, noah sits on the couch, relieved. she didn't mind the little shrine he had made on his wall and for that he was happy or so he thought.

***

Guys so I know I said this story can be read as a stand alone, to understand what happened to her mother, you need to read Emily.

-I didn't think it would be necessary when I was planning this story but with the parts to come you need to know what happened to her mother and all is explained in Emily.

-maxine out××