Memories of past

"Love it's not what you think." He backs away releasing my shoulders as I sit up.
"I trusted you!" A tear falls down my face.
"Please let me explain." He tries to calm me.
"I knew you were using me for my heart but I thought a part of you would care and not want to do it! But you just want to know what hurts me so you can use it later!" I cry.
"It's not like that!" He tried to pull me into a hug.
"And the worst part is," I catch my breath only to cry a little more. "I think I was starting to fall in love with you. No I was almost in love with you!"  I stand up and run away.
"Love!" He screams after me.

Not looking back I keep running. The tears drenching down my face. And it wasn't because he betrayed my trust or because I was basically in love with him. It was because he brought back all the pain I've hidden away for so long. I see a small light ahead and I slow down. Stopping I turn away and start to head in a new direction.

*=*=*
I find myself I front of a old familiar tree. The tree I flew to when I took Conner's pixie dust. I climb to the top and recline on a branch. I look over and see Spiral curled up next to me. I lean over and pet him on the head. I turn away and draw my hand from him. "Mama?" I look up to the sky. "I wish you were here. I wish you could hear me." I squeeze my eyes shut and feel tears running down my face. "I need you!"

"I know you do." I open my eyes and find a purple light figure of my mother sitting I front of me.
"Mama?" I reach forward and my hand goes right through her.
"In Neverland when you wish to see someone you can't see, their spirit flys here." She smiles.
"If you're really my mother answer me this," I wipe a tear away from my cheek. "What was the last thing you said to me before you died holding my hand?"

"My sweet Little Canary, I have taught you so much but the one thing you need to know for the rest of your life is no matter how many times someone pushes you down you will be the strongest you will ever be. I know it will be hard without me but you will not be alone. I will be in your heart and in your soul and mind. Together we will revenge your sorrow and bring back my daughters happiness. I love you Wendy." She smiles and I see a tear fall down her face and I feel many coming from mine.

"It is you!" I try to hug her but I go through her. I lay on the branch close to her. "I miss you so much!"
"My sweet baby," I feel her spirit try to move my hair. "You've been a victim of a evil game."
"I just want you to come back, for dad to be in love with you, for everything to go back to the way it was!" I confess.
"I know, but you are not going to give up!" She says strongly. "I know something you don't."
"You always did." I smile.
"You aren't starting to fall in love with Peter, you're already in love with him." She's right. I am but I can't admit it to myself. "You feel guilty for it. But you shouldn't be! You know somewhere deep down he cares and you know you are the truest believer and you are afraid of being it. You don't believe right now but you will and you don't want to because you're scared of him taking your heart."

"What do I do?" I sit up and look at her.
"You be yourself. You be who you know you are. Strong, perfect, a fighter, fierce, and my Little Canary!" She tries to lift up my chin but she goes through me.
"I'm not going down without a fight! I promise!" I promise her. "I love you!"
"I love you too!" She and I both have tears steaming down our faces.

I close my eyes. You can be free. I don't want to see you. I open my eyes and she's gone.

*=*=*
"S.O.S please, someone help me, it's not healthy, for me to feel this way!" I sing. The only song fitting to how I feel. S.O.S by Rihanna.
"Oh please don't stop," Peter's voice echoes. "You have such a nice voice."
"Hilarious!" I roll my eyes. I wipe the remaining tears away and look up to see Peter flying above me.
"I thought I told you not to leave camp without me telling you other wise." He floats down and takes a seat on the branch.
"I thought I told you those things were personal, but I guess disobeying is part of the game." I narrow my eyes.

"Were you crying?" He asks.
"No!" I hide my face away. Considering it's probably red and damp. Why is he even asking? I started crying at camp.
"Don't lie to me!" He warns. "That's not fair!"
"Not fair? Not fair!" I stand up and shoo spiral away so he doesn't get caught in this. "I have been lied to, hurt physically and mentally, threatened, and not to mention kidnapped multiply times!"

Peter stands up and walks over to me. "I can't!" He pulls me up and holds me into a tight embrace. "Forgive me!" He lets me go for split second then he presses his lips against mine. And before I can even process what's happening we're kissing.

I push him away and stare into his green eyes. "Peter?" I look down. "When I told you I was falling in love with you that was a lie."
"Oh!" He sighs.
I turn back up and meet his eyes with a smile on my face. "Because I'm in love with you already!" I jump into his arms and his kiss him. And unlike my kiss with Matt this has sparks, feelings, love.
He breaks the kiss and stares at me with hopeful eyes. "I'm not going to do it. I'm not gonna take your heart!"
"Really!" My heart flutters and a smile fills my face.

"Wendy I told you the other way for you to live was to make me fall in love with you. And Love you made me go head over heels for you!"
"Peter Pan," I say ecstatic. "I love you!"
"I love you too Love." He says.

*=*=*
We stay there for a few moments staring into each other's hearts.
"Me too!" We both shoot our heads to a dark figure flying above us. Channing!
Peter pulls me closer to him. "What do you want from us?"
"Not us," he turns his direction toward me. "Her!" He pounces and swoops me up. "She holds something dear to everyone on this island. And it's not only her heart. It's yours." He leans down and kisses me on my forehead. "Don't worry about this Cutie." Then he drops me.

"No!" Peter tries to jump but Channing holds him back.
"Ah!" I scream falling. This is a memory! It has to be. A memory with tampering.
"If you want me to save her I will!" Channing sneers.
"Let me go! She'll die!" Peter yells.
"Oh I'm counting on it!" Channing snaps. "But I'll save her. But only if you admit you're using her feelings for your own needs!"
"I'm not! I love her!" Peter speaks. "Let me save her!"

"Ah!" I'm almost losing sight of them falling down into the cliff.
"Why don't you let her fall? It will make it easier for you." Channing suggests.
"Channing if you don't let me go I'll kill you when you do!" Peter yells.
"Ok," Channing let's go of Peter. "But good luck catching me!" He jumps of the tree and flys quickly to my side.

"Want a hand?" He chuckles.
I close my eyes seeing a tiny bit of the bottom.
"Fine," he grabs my shirt and pulls me into a embrace. "I'll be your knight in shinning armor."