5-All Might

I stared at the enemy of my mentor with eyes as wide as saucers. "Midoriya," He said quietly, starting to walk over to me. I panicked and grabbed the first weapon I saw; the syringe. All Might seemed to be taken back by this act. "It's me, kid."

"S-s-stay away from m-me A-All Might!" I squeaked. He held up his hands in a defensive gesture, like he expected me to just put down my weapon and go with him willingly.

"Young Midoriya..." his voice sounded sad for some reason. "What did they do to you. First you sneak into UA, then you try and kill Young Iida-"

"Shut up!" I yelled. I couldn't even stand due to my broken legs. "How do you know me?"

"Just put the syringe down, Izuku, then I'll explain everything."

When he said my first name, something sparked inside of me. He was here to hurt me. That's what always happened when Shigaraki said my name. "Don't take another step!"

"These villains have messed with your mind, kid. Do you even know who you are?"

"Stop confusing me," I said. "Shigaraki-"

"He brainwashed you, Midoriya. You've forgotten your friends, and UA. Everyone thought you were dead, including myself. But now, I'm here to free you."

"N-No! You want to kill me! That's what Shigaraki said you'd do to me if I got caught. He said-"

"He was tricking you, my boy. Don't you remember? I gave you your quirk. I helped you get into UA. You admired me as a kid, and you still do."

I opened my mouth to argue, but I didn't even know if I believed my life of a lie anymore. The syringe fell from my shaking hands and tears that didn't come before started to roll down my face. "All...Might." A sharp pain shot through my brain. All Might, the hero I'd admired...he came to save me. "I'm...I didn't..." I just totally broke down.

Before I realized what was happening, I was wrapped in All Might's arms, bawling my eyes out.

I apologized over and over again, crying until I was just heaving dry sobs from my sore throat

I apologized over and over again, crying until I was just heaving dry sobs from my sore throat. My back was on fire and my legs felt like they would never work again. All Might picked me up in his arms and took me upstairs. Other heroes were there, but I couldn't seem to remember their names. I buried my face in All Might's chest, finally feeling safe after being in fear for so long. Shigaraki...he'd really hurt and confused me. I would never be unable to forget how to kill or that I was surprisingly good at it, at least in practice. Apparently I didn't have the guts, since I couldn't kill Iida.

Iida...all my classmates...they were slowly coming back to me. Uraraka, Todoroki, Asui, Kacchan...I couldn't believe I would forget him. I'd hated him for so long...

"Midoriya, the police want to ask you some questions."

I looked up at All Might. "C-Can it wait? I-I want...um, UA's nurse...what's-her-name to fix me up first. A-and I wanna tell my mom that I'm okay."

"Midoriya, everyone thought you were dead."

My eyes widened at this news. "Huh?"

"You're mom was devastated and refused to see anyone from the media or UA. This may come as quite a shock for her. I think I'll calmly explain the situation to her while Recovery Girl is fixing you up."

"Okay." I smiled at the thought of seeing my mom again. At the mention of recovery girl, I suddenly remembered something. "All Might! There was a doctor that the villains captured to fix me up when I broke my bones. Did you find him?"

All Might nodded. "Don't worry, young Midoriya, he's in good hands."

"I'm glad," I said. I winced as All Might readjusted me in his arms so he could place me in the back of the police car we were taking to UA. "What happened to your back?"

"Oh...it was nothing. I'm fine." My voice broke. "Just...fine." I felt the tears building up behind my eyes. I wasn't going to let them fall. I couldn't. I had to stop being a crybaby.

"Midoriya...it's okay to cry, you know. Holding everything in like this can't be healthy." He climbed into the seat next to me so I wouldn't be alone in the back.

My bottom lip started to tremble. "A-All Might...he hurt me...a lot. I-I didn't want to kill Iida...h-he told me to...and I did it so he wouldn't hit me." I started to sob again. "I didn't want to kill Iida and Todoroki!" I wiped away the tears, but they just kept coming. "H-He wanted me to kidnap Kacchan too...b-but I couldn't do it, so he punished me..."

All Might let me cry for a little bit. We were already halfway there when I finally got control of my emotions. "S-sorry about that. Everything's still a little fuzzy."

"You should rest," All Might said. "It will get you mind off the pain you're in right now."

"Pain?" I gave a humorless laugh. "This is nothing."