You Mean Everything To Me

TW: Small mention of anxiety and depression caused by parents

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Scamander but I just didn't know where else to go and I-I-I-" Your sentence was interrupted by the uncontrollable sobs wracking your body. "I just wanted to see Newt and I'm sorry for just showing up it's like three in the morning but I-" another sob. "I just, I need Newt."

The cold winds whipped your hair across your face as your arms clutched each other in an attempt to fight off the bitter weather. In your mad rush to escape that damned house you had left your coat draped across the foot of your bed.

"Come inside dear, please. You should know by now that you are always welcome here." She said as she pulled you into her home that was bursting with color and warmth in such a sharp contrast with your house that you made you sick.

"NEWT! Get down here!" She yelled up the stairs while pulling you towards the lit fire that's heat you could feel across the room. She had you sit down on warm stones in front of the flames grabbing a thick blanket from the couch and pulling it around your shoulders.

"It's like three in the morning, why Mom?" You heard your best friend's sleepy voice call down from up the staircase.

"(Y/N)!" She yelled then she lowered her voice turning to you. "Stay here, I'll go get you a hot cuppa." She said before padding off towards the kitchen.

"(Y/N)? Wait my (Y/N)?" You could hear hurried footfalls then a large thump and you looked up to see a slightly red-faced Newt smiling sheepishly as he stood up from the bottom of the steps. His smile immediately fell when he took in your shivering frame and red eyes. He ran across the room to join you in front of the hearth wrapping his arms around you. "What happened? Was it them again?"

You nodded knowing he was referring your parents.

Your parents are a pieces of work. They had never approved of your Hogwarts house or choice of friends. Especially your boyfriend.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N). I don't know how people like them created someone as wonderful as you."

"Newt..." You pulled him in impossibly closer as he spoke quietly into your ear.

"I'm serious (Y/N). They are terrible people. You've said so yourself. They abandon you all the time, not to mention their parenting has left you with anxiety and depression. Yet, all you do is take care of other people. You never think of yourself first and are a mother to literally everyone. The first years adore you! Your parents don't deserve you. I don't deserve you." At that ending statement you jumped up startling him.

"No! Don't ever say that again Newt. You mean the world to me. Why do you think I'm here? It's because when I was crying all I could think of was you. All I wanted was you. You and your overexcitement of animals. Your crooked smile and stupidely adorable fluffy hair. You are literally the only reason I get up in the morning." His eyes teared up and he pulled you back into his chest.

"You mean everything to me."