I love you too

"When's the last time you ate a proper meal?"

            "(Y/N) for the last time I am fine." You stared at your boyfriend of four years from across the room as you sat on a stack of books.

               The two of you had been traveling across Europe together in search of some rare beast that had caught Newt's fancy. You had thought after finding the creature at the end of a six week traveling fiasco you would be able to go home. It didn't turn out like that.

            The poor creature had been gravely injured leaving Newt determined to fix him up. You suggested going home where you had more supplies than what was in his case but Newt refused to travel with the beast still hurt.

            In an attempt to heal the creature faster Newt hadn't left its side for two weeks. Only sleeping when the beast did and eating only when he felt pain from hunger.

            You had tried everything to draw Newt away from his work even for just a few minutes of rest but nothing seemed to work.

            You stood up suddenly feeling aggravated at Newt's lack of care for his own health. "You know that creature can handle itself for even just half an hour for you to go sit down at a table and eat! You were already skinny enough Newt."

            Newt sighed and put down whatever potion he had been making to turn around and face you, "(Y/N). For the last time, will you calm down. I am fine and soon he will be too." You walked across the room to take his face in your hands.

            "You know I just worry about you. You don't seem to do it enough. You won't be any help to these beasts if your dead." He pulled your hands off and turned around to his work gently stroking the creature he had deemed Gregory.

            "It'll be fine (Y/N), I'll be fine" You huffed shrugging on your coat and gathering necessities for a walk in an only slightly pissed off way. Your not so subtle mood change caused Newt to turn around and question the behavior. "What are you doing?"

            You turned around gave him a tight smile. "Doesn't matter, it'll be fine Newt." And with that you apparated.

----------------------------------------------

            You had taken a nice long walk though the woods including finding a little muggle town just a mile away that had delicious food that for once you didn't have to cook. You hoped in the few hours you were gone Newt would have gotten some sense knocked into him.
           You climbed down into his suitcase only to find him passed out on the desk were you had left him. Quietly walking across the room you pulled up a chair to the desk.

            You brushed his curly hair out of his face stomach dropping as you noticed his reddened nose and the slight dampness on his cheeks despite the fact that you had left hours ago.

           "Oh Newt," you whispered quietly to yourself gently shaking his shoulder to wake him up knowing the intense crick that would be in his neck if you let him keep sleeping at such an awkward angle.

            He blearily bleaker his eyes and you didn't fail to notice the faint redness they still held. "(Y/N)? (Y/N)!" He threw his arms around you and started to sob into your shoulder. You wrapped your arms around his torso heart breaking as you listened to his crying feeling like the worst person in the world for causing his tears.

           As soon as he could get enough air into his lungs he pulled away and began a rambling apology that you immediately cut off. "Please don't apologize. You were just trying to save a harmless creature and I was just worried about you. You need to start putting yourself first Newt."

           "But I-"

           "No. We both should have handled the situation differently but for now how about we just go to bed. I think we both could use an early night."

           "But-"

           "In the morning." He slowly nodded then pulled you back into a hug.

           "I love you so much."

           "I love you too."