To The Past (4)

As we landed, I almost fell over, but Fred caught me. Well, that was part of what happened on our 5-hour date. We walked around muggle London, going in and out of small businesses, eventually, we ran into Ron, and he tried to get me to date him again, in front of Fred, a date ruiner for sure. Fred insisted that we keep going "an annoying little brother or not." So as we stood in a small café, I spilled out my feelings for him, including how far back they go, and while we talked, we went on a walk where we fell asleep in the middle of a forest with a small fire in front of us and no worries about what Molly will say when she finds out we did just this.

Hermione's dream/flashback

I wonder what people are like in this wizarding world. I wonder if I will be able to make friends here. I have never had any real friends. They all thought I was too weird, I guess I am, being a literal witch and all.

"Are you looking for a way onto the platform?" question a voice from behind me.

"Yes, I'm Hermione Granger, by the way. You are?"

"Fred," said a tall ginger-haired boy. "George," said another Fred.

"Are you identical twins?" I said confused for only a second when I realized that that was the only real option

"Yes." they both replied.

I decide to know the differences between them first. They had moved to make this more difficult for me, "you are Fred," I said, pointing to Fred, "and you are George," I said, looking to George.

"Wow. Are own mum can't tell us apart." Fred said, smiling down towards me. Making me blush a little.

"Cool," said George. I smiled at him.

"So, how do you get onto the platform?" I asked, confused.

"Right, All you do is walk straight at the wall between 9 and 10 and bam! You're at platform 9 and 3/4," Fred said.

"Thank you. Could you help with my trunk on the train to please?"

"Sure," said Fred and George simultaneously, no wonder their mother couldn't tell them apart, they make it so difficult.

"Why don't you sit with us too," said Fred giving George a look. What kind of look was that! Stupid mythical twin-telepathy, I bet wizard twins actually have it.

"You sure?"

"Yes." They replied together.

"Okay." I smiled nervously at them

We talked the whole ride, I left that train feeling as though I had known them my entire life. Meeting Lee Jordan and hearing them talk about their families and wizarding childhoods was fascinating to me.

Once I had to leave to get sorted, I turned to them nervous, explaining that I was worried we wouldn't talk to me after the sorting, because of whatever house I was placed in. When all three boys replied together, "we will be your friend, no matter what your house you get put in." I ran to the boys and hugged them with so much appreciation. I turned around to leave with teary eyes and then went.

Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Gryffindor, ME!

The hat only thought for a second and placed me in Gryffindor.

I ran to my new friends happy beyond belief, "hello, boys!"

"Yay Hermione," all three of the boys cheered.

"I made it to Gryffindor!"

"Congrats Hermione. We really need a Nickname for you, though... Your name is so long." Fred said dramatically. I laughed and nodded.

"Ronald Weasley," McGonagall called.

"That's our brother," George said to me as he went up to the stool.

"Another one! Weasley's! GRYFFINDOR!"

"Congrats Ron!" Said the boys.

"Ron. Hello, I'm Hermione Granger," said Hermione.

Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw...