A New Friend

It's 6 am as I wake up to my phone ringing. The first thought as always is "Damn, why did I wake up today". Ever since I start feeling depressed I don't remember ever waking up and feeling happy, waking up is just a disappointment to me. But I have to get out of bed, it's my first day of 10th grade today, I really should be excited but I'm just not.

The reason that I switched schools was because I couldn't handle all the hate my bullies gave me anymore. No one liked me, I was all alone. I see myself as a nice person at least from the inside but all they ever did was judge me and they never gave me a reason for it. Oh wait, that's not completely right, they gave me a reason, I'm easy to pick on. What a stupid excuse. You pick on me because I'm easy to break, because it's easy to hurt me? How fucking stupid can you be seriously. They not only called me names but they also hit me. One time I even had to go to the hospital and the school still did nothing about it. After that I finally found the strength to speak with my mother about what's happening in school and she decided to switch schools. I just hope this school is going to be different, I hope I'll find friends at this school. 

"Hannah breakfast is ready!" I hear my mother screaming from all the way downstairs. I get out of bed and put my clothes on. Since it's the first day of school and no one knows me I really want to make a good impression. I decide to put on my black leggings with my Pierce The Veil shirt. I put on some make-up as I hear my mother screaming for the second time. As I'm walking downstairs I smell the lovely scent of the pancakes she made. I quickly run downstairs and start eating while I thank my mom for making these delicious pancakes. After 5 minutes I'm done and exactly at that time I hear the door ring. I wonder who it could be, neither my mom nor me where expecting to see someone.

"Honey, I have to do the laundry please open the door!" my mother tells me and so I stand up and get to the door and open it up. "Hello dear." I don't recognize him, I don't think I've ever seen him before. "Uhm, I'm sorry but I don't think I know you, perhaps you know my mom?" I answer back a little confused. "Oh yeah I know you don't know me! You must be Hannah right? You're going to the Stratford High School this year aren't you?" "Oh yes I am, how you know?" I question myself what he wants from me, since I don't know anyone from this school. "I'm the bus driver! Didn't they tell you that?" He looks just as confused as me. "Oh, no they didn't. I'll be here in two minutes if that's okay." "Sure, no hurry." I run upstairs as fast as I can, get my backpack and run back down again. I check if I have everything with me one last time and then leave to the way to the bus.

There's so many people in here already. I wonder where I should sit, I don't want to annoy anyone. Before I finish thinking I hear a girl scream. "Hey, come sit here, don't be afraid!" Thanks God, I'm so happy she said that. I walk up to her and sit right beside her. "Hey I'm Hannah, I'm new to this school, thank you for your kindness it could've been very embarrassing." I try to say without letting her know how nervous I really am. "Oh, it's no problem! I'm Katy and I've been to this school for a couple of years now, you don't have to be nervous this school is pretty okay." Actually I really feel better after she said that, I'm not so scared anymore. We go on talking for like 15 minutes nonstop as another girl walks towards us. She really is beautiful, long brown hair, blue eyes and really, really skinny but not too skinny, she's perfect. Katy stands up to kiss her. It's her girlfriend I assume. "This is Laura, she's my girlfriend, I hope you're okay with that!" Katy says as she points to Laura with the biggest smile on her lips. "You two look really cute together! Hi Laura, I'm Hannah and I'm new to this school, really nice to meet you!" I answer with a little bit of excitement since I've never been friends with someone gay, I always wish I was though. "Really nice to meet you too, I hope we can become -" I wonder why she just stopped talking in the middle of the sentence as I notice a really handsome guy walking in.

I recognize that every girl is staring at him and after a second I find myself in his eyes as well. He is looking for a seat and walking slowly towards us. I blush a little as he sits right next to me. All the other girls are looking at me full of jealousy but that moment I wish he'd sit someone else because my anxiety came back. "Hey I'm Justin. What's your name beautiful?" Oh. my. god. He called my beautiful with his sexy, raspy voice. I'm trying to mumble out a few words I just hope he understands it. "H-Hey I'm Hannah." That's really all I could say, with every word I said I got more anxious. "Don't be nervous, I don't bite. I know a lot of girls may like me but that's only because of my looks. I don't want that. I want people to like me because of who I am you know." I'm wondering why he is so open with me, I mean I don't even know him. But he really sounds like a nice guy. "So who are you, Justin?" I reply back still very nervous.