Chapter 11

I woke up with Pony's arms wrapped around me. I sat up slowly, trying not to wake the gang. I slide out from Pony's strong grasp and went into the bathroom. I looked at the clock: 6:30. Wait...Its Monday! Shoot, I have school! I have to go wake up Pony! I ran into the living room and jumped on Pony. "Pony, wake up! It's Monday and we have school!" I whisper-screamed.

"Uuuhhhhh do we have to go?" He mumbled, his eyes still closed.

"Yes, or it'll be counted as ditching and then we'll get detention."

"Ok fine, just give me a minute..." Pony said in a low and raspy voice. I got up and went into the bathroom again to get ready for school. After I had brushed my hair, brushed my teeth, and did the rest of my routine I realized I didn't have clothes...uh oh. I have to go to Bucks now. I took off out the door, yelling again at Pony to get up and to tell him where I was going. I sprinted quickly to Buck's and got there in five minutes. I was panting as I ran up the stairs and into my room. I flung open the closet door and picked out my outfit. I chose medium wash jeans and a gray flannel shirt. Under the flannel I had a white t-shirt.

I looked in the mirror and once I approved of my look, I ran back to the Curtis house. The house was in sight when I heard the low rumble of a car engine. I turned around to see the blue mustang. Great. Just what I need. I took off sprinting and jumped the chain-link fence into the Curtis's yard. The socs, Randy and Bob, leaned out the window, holding a switchblade and shouted, "You better be careful, ya greaseball! We're comin' to get'cha!" I flew through the door and closed it, sinking down to my butt. I panted and tried to catch my breath. Pony looked at me weird and I told him what happened. He told me not to walk alone anymore and with that we walked off to school.

We arrived just in time. The bell rang and we parted ways to go to our classes. I had math and he had social studies. Math was boring and seemed to take forever to end. My teacher was talking about something called a 'function' and I didn't get it one bit. Oh well, Pony will have to explain it to me later. Finally math ended, and then I went to art and then study hall. Next was lunch. I met up with Johnny, Pony and Two-Bit. We all sat together at a table with some other people. I was facing the soc table, and one of them turned to look at me and gave me an evil smirk. I sank down a little bit and tried to return to my conversation with Pony about math, but I felt the soc's eyes on me. After lunch, I went to Spanish, English, and finally science. Pony and I had English together (we were both in accelerated) so he walked me to science after. He had math, which was just past the science room. I waved goodbye and went into science. After an interesting lab in science, (Science was my favorite class) the bell rang. I picked up my books and went to my locker. Pony's locker was on the other side of the school, so we usually just met outside. I slowly packed up and started walking out of the school when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I whipped around, and who was it? None other than Randy, Bob, and their little gang of pansies. "Hey grease, looks like you need a haircut." Randy taunted.

"Leave me alone. I don't have time for your games, Randy." I sneered.

"Well you better make some time, greaseball!" He said. Soon I was surrounded and I was terrified, but I could never let them have the satisfaction of knowing that, so I scowled and tried to looked tough. They came closer to me and soon I was pinned against the wall in an empty hallway. I balled my hands into fists, and I thought for a moment. I could never take them by myself. There were five big guys surrounding me, there was no way I could win. Well, I have to do something. So I decided to punch Randy square in the nose and pretty soon he was on top of me, slugging me so hard I could see stars. He paused and I cussed him out in a low voice, then kicked him where the sun don't shine (if ya know what I mean). He rolled off of me, but Bob grabbed me by the hair and dragged me up. He pulled out a giant switchblade and said,

"How about that haircut? We'll start it just below the chin..." He said and pressed the cold blade against my throat.

"I'm not sure your familiar with the way a haircut works." I scowled, trying to push him off of me, but he was too strong. He slid the blade down my neck, making a huge gash that was gushing with blood. I tried to kick him, but his friends grabbed my arms and legs so I couldn't move. "Help! Pony! Two-Bit! Johnny! Anyone!" I screamed as loud as I could. The soc started to move the blade down my arm, creating another cut. I screamed in pain. I was bleeding a lot, and began to black out. The last thing I remember is hearing footsteps echo through the hallway and Pony yelling my name.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! I wanted to thank everyone for reading this book! A special shout out to @AllisonHarp0 for the nice comment and votes! It really made my day!
-outsiders_obsessed12