Inkspired

Photo- Austin (Austin Carlile)

That morning when i walked into work i was greeted at the door by my coworker, Hannah, she had long black hair that fell above her waist, her figure was slender and wore her usual flannel and jeans.

"Hey, Alice! How are you?" She was jumping with joy at the sight of me.
"Oh hey Han, I'm good thanks, what about you?" I replied with a grin.
She rambled on about what she'd been doing at the weekend, and then asked me what i'd done, all i could answer with was "Nothing much."
Her cheesy smile stuck to her perfectly made up face as she strolled with me to put my jacket and bag in the back room.

Hannah was my bestfriend, the only person i could talk to properly, we were literally like sisters. We've done everything together, everywhere i've been, she was with me. I met her two years ago at reading festival, Bring Me The Horizon were just about to come on and we bumped into each other and from then on we've been best friends. There's no one i would rather have.

"How's your lip?" Hannah said with a chuckle, startling me. I'd had my Labret piercing done the day before.
"Oh yeah, that, its fine so far..." She looked at me and furrowed her eyebrows.
"It hurts to eat though." I admitted with a grimace. Once again, she laughed at me, nudging me to the side.

At that moment, our boss came in. Austin.
He had ruffled dark brown hair, and a small amount of stubble on his sharp chin and jawline. He wore a black beanie that pushed his hair closer to his face, black skinny jeans, a white tee and a denim jacket.

"Ayup, you two," he shouted to us at the counter "how was your weekend?"
Again Hannah started going on about everything she did, Austin turned to me with a questioning look. I shrugged and pointed to my lip.
He chuckled "Woah Alice!! That's sick!" His thick sheffield accent made me giggle and he winked at me.

Austin strolled closer to us with a huge grin on his face. "Alrate we better get to work then!" He switched on Kerrang! radio and we all sat in our usual places and got on with our work.

After what felt like 5/10 minutes, the bell rang and everyone looked up at the figure coming into the store. I got up from my chair and approached the person in a friendly way, it was a young man - around 19 ish - he had several tattoos, a few face piercings and was wearing skinny jeans and a white low cut top. "Hey, can I help you with anything, love?" I asked him, making sure he heard me from a few steps away.
"Hiya, I've got a design for a tattoo i  like, could you have a look please?" He replied.
I told him it was fine whilst taking him into the tattoo room, he pulled out a sheet of paper with a sketchy drawing on, pointing to details on it and where he wanted it. I nodded politely and said that we could start now, he agreed.
I grabbed the tattoo gun and started on his arm, asking him questions and getting to know him at the same time.
About half an hour later, I was done, he payed for his work and thanked me before leaving.

Before i knew it, it was already five o'clock, everyone was ready to leave and close up. "Alice! Are you coming now or are you locking up?" I heard Austin shout from the front of the store.
"Oh yeah, nah it's fine i'll lock up, see you tomorrow, guys."
Hannah replied with a "Later, chick.", i heard the door close and put some music on, we weren't supposed to close for another half hour so i may as well stay in just incase.