Chapter 3

"Where are we?" I questioned my cousin.
  "Jacobs's place". She answered me. I sighed as we both got out of the car. I pulled my book bag over my head. Then running out of the small red house was Jacob. He smiled at my cousin and pulled her into a hug.
   "Hey Avery". He said. Then he turned to look at me. I waved.
  "Hey Courtney". He said. I smiled.
  "Hi Jacob". I said hi back.
He let go of Avery. "You guys are just in time". Jacob stated ushering us into his house.
  "In time for what?" I questioned him taking off my sneakers.
   "Sue's famous breakfast". Jacob answered my question.
  "Avery good to see you". A women said. She looked from my cousin to me and smiled.
  "You must be Courtney. It's nice to meet you". I guessed by how nice she was that she must be Sue. I smiled back at her.
  "Nice to meet you too". I said back as another boy with tan skin who looked about my age walked into the kitchen.
  "Hey mom I-" the boy just stared at me as if....I was important to him. He just kept staring at me and I felt something. He was quite handsome and I could sense that he was such a kind caring person. I felt drawn to him in away, but it also felt strange. I had just meant him so why was I feeling this way?
   "Seth". Jacob elbowed the boy and he snapped out of it.
   "This is Avery and Bella's cousin Courtney". He introduced me to Seth. I smiled and stuck out my hand. Without hesitation he took it and shook it.
   "Courtney this is Seth. Sue's son". Jacob said to me. I nodded and adjusted my glasses.
   "Hi Seth". I choked out. He smiled at me.
   "Hey". He whispered. Avery looked over at me then at Jacob. She gave him a weird look and Jacob just shrugged his shoulders. Sue cleared her throat.
   "Well breakfast is ready. Let's eat before it gets cold". All of us nodded our heads and sat down. I sat down next to my cousin and Seth. I felt a bit uncomfortable sitting next to him. There was just something about him that I couldn't wrap my head around. Scoping a handful of bacon onto my plate both the guys just stared at me.
    "Did I do something wrong?" I questioned them nervously.
   "No it's just I've never seen any girl take that much bacon". Seth answered me astonished. I tired to smile.
   "I'll be damned". Jacob grinned. "Avery why didn't you tell me that your cousin was such a meat lover?" He added. Avery shrugged.
   "I haven't seen her in five years. We've both changed so much since then. So I didn't know either". She answered him.
   "So what brought you back to Forks Courtney?" Sue asked me. I sighed.
  "Well my mom thought it would be good if I reconnected with her brother and my cousins. Plus I kinda got tired of my parents talking about law school for me". I replied as Seth spit out his orange juice. It splashed all over Jacob. A laugh escaped both me and Avery.
  "Your dead meat". Jacob growled. Avery handed him a couple napkins. "Thanks red". She nodded.
   "Law school? Your parents want you to go to law school?" Seth questioned me. I slowly nodded my head.
  "My parents want me to become something more then just a runner". I replied. Jacob look at up at me.
   "You like running?"
I nodded my head. "I've been in cross country since middle school. I really love the feeling of the wind in my hair and the just being outside in general". I smiled at them.
   "I like running too". Seth grinned. I blushed slightly as Jacob kicked him under the table.
  "Ouch. What was that for Jake?" Seth shouted.
   "Behave yourselves you two. We have guests". Sue stated firm glancing over at her son then Jacob. "Sorry". Both Seth and Jacob apologized. Avery stood up and grabbed both me and her plate. Then she sat them down in the sink.
  "Thanks for breakfast Sue, but me and Avery should get going. I have to go...check up on Bella". She said. Jacob grabbed her arm and looked into her eyes.
   "Are you okay Avery?" Jacobs's concern for my cousin kind of put me on edge a bit. Something was upsetting my cousin and I wanted to know why. She shook her head at him.
  "I'm fine". She faked a smile at him. I sighed and stood up. It looked like Avery was in pain over something. But what was it? And I wanted to know why. "Cmon on Courtney". Avery nudged my arm. "Let's go". I put my sneakers back on and felt a hand on my arm. I turned around to find Seth smiling at me.
   "Hey I know this is kinda sudden, but umm would you like to hangout with me tomorrow?" He asked me. I knew he was nervous to ask. I was kinda nervous too. This was really the first guy that wanted to hangout with me.
  "Umm...sure I guess". I answered him. He smiled.
  "Great!" He shouted. "I mean umm cool". He got a hold of himself. I let a small giggle escape me.
   "I'll come by Charlie's at noon". Seth called after me as I exited the red house.

Seth is such a sweetheart. He's my favorite member of the wolf pack.