8 - Concern fills the air

~Shiki's POV~

"I'm worried and not about what Tsukiyama did...I mean I'm worried about that too but this! This is going to get worse!"

"Calm down what are you talking about?"

"Look your as close to my brother as me you might as well be our older sister so you should hear this."

"Shiki just spit it out!"

"Okay! okay!"

"So I was upstairs comforting Kaneki..."

"Yeah and..."

"And when Uta got back upstairs I backed away but I didn't leave the room. I was worried about them so I stayed."

"Yeah I wouldn't of left either what's this about?"

"Shortly after Uta walked in and Kaneki ran to him... Uta began to comfort him and he...I swear to god I'm not lying...Uta was purring."

"WHAT?!?!?!?!"

"Shhhhh keep your voice down."

"Sorry"

"If you heard correctly...this...this is not good."

"Don't you think I know that! Uta isn't going to make it this time. If that boy breaks up with him or even shows signs of leaving him...Uta will self destruct."

"Shiki what are we going to do?!"

"What can we do but watch things play out."

"Maybe we could talk to the boy and try to explain how bad this could turn out for Uta."

"But how would we get him alone especially after tonight. Uta would rather die than leave his side now."

"Shhh here they come."

~Kaneki POV~

As we walked downstairs everyone got quite it wasn't hard to tell that everyone was afraid to break the silence. I knew I looked terrible I had been crying like there's no tomorrow and my voice was shot from all the screaming and crying. Everyone watched us as I clung to Uta's arm and we walked over to the same couch we were sitting on before the party.

Uta could tell the silence bothered me more than anything...because when there is silence I can think and when I can think my mind goes to the one place I don't want to go.

"You guys can speak he'd actually prefer talking to the silence."

Thankfully some red headed girl spoke after that. She seemed to understand that Uta was begging for conversation.

"So what are your intentions with this cute little ghoul Uta."

"Yeah Uta what are your intentions with me?"

My joking and light tone seemed to take everyone by surprise. I tend to have that effect on people since I'm always trying to lighten the mood. But I didn't quite sell the whole I'm fine act because my voice cracked.