Writing

Robin's POV

I sat in the living room, my fingers itching to write but I couldn't. I wanted my first journal entry to be in my new room. I wished I'd made Uncle Ted show me my room.

"Hello, you must be Robin Andrea" I turned to face the owner of the voice. A very tall woman beamed back at me. She looked like she was in her mid-thirties and had warm brown eyes.

"Yes and you are?"

"I'm Flora Stewart. I'm your uncle's housekeeper." She pulled me into a deep hug. "You can't believe how happy your uncle is now that you're here"

"Er thanks?"

"Come, let me show you to your room. Your uncle had it customized personally for you. I hope you like it" I followed her up the stairs, mesmerized by everything I saw. The house was exquisite, there was no doubt about it. Flora moved further from me and stood by a door with pinkish hue.

"Ready to see it?" I nodded, anticipation building up in me. She made me close my eyes and pushed me through the room. "Open them" Her voice was a very soft whisper but I didnt focus on it for long. My eyes shot opened and I gasped. The walls were covered in white wall paper with pink hearts and roses everywhere. The bed was huge and looked fluffy. I'm a purple and cyan sort of person but this room took my breath away.

"It's beautiful, Ms Stewart." She chucked softly

"Ms Stewart is my mother. Call me Flora okay?"

"Okay" I could tell even she was amazed by the room. I couldn't believe I would be having it all to myself! Flora left me alone claiming she had to make dinner. I placed my journal on the bed and found my bag on my desk. I took out my phone and dialled my dad.

"Blue Robin"

"Hi, dad. I got here safely. I'm sorry i didn't call earlier. My uncle made me go out with some people"

"It's alright, Blue Robin. Your little brother wants to talk to you"

"Alright, dad"

"Hi, Robin. Having fun?"

"Not yet Kieran but I'll let you know as soon as that happens"

"Thank you for the money. Dad said he'll put it in the bank for me"

I choked back the tears that were threatening to fall. "You're welcome Kieran. Hand the phone back to dad."

"I love you Robin"

"I love you too Kieran" I was missing him already. I hoped I'd survive.

"Blue Robin, I have to leave for work in a bit. Can we talk later?"

"Sure, dad. I have to even unpack. I love you"

"I love you too Robin" I placed  the phone on the desk and walked to the bed. I took a gel pen and opened the journal. It was time to be writing.

1 September
Heya
Erm, so I'm your new owner. You were a gift from my new neighbour, Eli. I guess he saw how much I adored you and got you for me.
Anyway I think I'm gonna call you Dani.
So Dani, a couple of days ago my mum told me I was leaving to come stay with an uncle I'd never met before (or even known he existed). I was scared. My little brother needs me. He's the only reason I push myself a lot. I was mostly thinking along the lines of "could I really leave him?" Seeing as I'm in San Francisco, I guess I could. I miss him already and its been just a few hours. I miss my momma and daddy.
Okay now, I sound like a whining baby. Not cool.