Fight For Your Right (Chap. 13)

Chapter 13

~~~Derek's P.O.V. ~~~

I yawned and stretched. My arms automatically sought for Lily, but I only came up with empty air. "What the hell," I muttered and sat up, trying to find my bearings. I heard the shower going on from my open door and it took me a few seconds to realize that was where she was.

Another fifteen minutes, and she was walking back into the room without even looking at me. "Lil?" No answer. "Lil?" I asked a bit louder... still no answer. "Lily? Lily Ann May?" She continued to dig through the part of my closet that had her clothes to look for a sweatshirt, before yanking one out and heading towards the door. I got off of the bed, grabbed her arm, and jerked her to a stop. A second later, she was out of my grip and opening up the door. "Lily?!" I called again.

"Hey, Scar," she said to Scarlett as she opened up her door and Lily picked her up into her arms.

"Lily, answer me," I said desperately following her. I couldn't figure out why she was mad at me.

"What did Dee do?" Scarlett asked, amused because she always said that one day I would do something to get Lily mad that she wouldn't forgive me for right away.

"He was keeping secrets from me when he knows just how much I hate them."

"What were they about?"

"Just some things. I think he thought he was protecting me by not telling me, but he is an idiot and should have told me."

Well, at least she was talking to me even though she was looking at Scarlett. "He really needs to know that us girls can take care of ourselves he is too showvic."

"You mean chauvinistic?"

"Yeah! That's it. It was in one of my books," she said proudly. Lil smiled down at her and I felt my heart kick up a beat.

"Hey, Scarlett, can you go ask Mom if she could make us some eggs Benedict that she said that she would make us this week?"

"Sure," she wriggled out of Lily's embrace and then bounded down the stairs.

When she was out of hearing rang, I turned to Lily. "I know that this is a girl's break-up line, but we need to talk."

She smiled for a second before she realized what she was doing and then with an effort wiped it off of her face. She then whirled on her heal and marched past me into my room. Well, this would be interesting, I thought.

~~~Lily's P.O.V. ~~~

"You're ignoring me because I didn't tell you about a war that I had found out just a few days ago before yesterday?" Derek asked in disbelief as he shut his door and leaned against it.

I sat down on the bed. "I am mad because you didn't plan on telling me, you planed on lying to me. I think that I have the right to know that." With a jolt, I realized how hypocritical I was being, I demanded that he didn't lie to me under any circumstance, but here I was, ready to lie to him about my fighting without even a second thought.

He sighed. "Okay, I guess that you are right." The way that he said that, it was obvious that he didn't think so, but he was trying not to start a fight and because I was going to do the same thing, I let it go. "Are we good?"

I smiled up at him. "Yeah."

"So no more secrets between us?"

My heart stopped and I had to work to keep my expression cheerful. "Mhm."

"You are kidding me, right?"

Derek smiled at me. "Nope," he said cheerfully. "I told you that Heidi wanted to see you again and that Alexis was... how did she describe it... oh, dying to meet you."