Tale 4: Bad Intentions

'My poor sweetheart, farewells can be shattering, but returns are surely worse. Solid flesh can never live up to the bright shadow cast by its absence. Time and distance blur the edges; then suddenly the beloved has arrived, and it's noon with its merciless light, and every spot and pore and wrinkle and bristle stands clear. This is the burden of having the power of resurgence birth and death are both reversible.'

A sweet voice soothes and fades away. Then appeared a horrible sight I remember it like it was Deja vu, I knew it ,this death vision was for somebody on that bus. However this heavy feeling in my chest is hard to accept.

I sat on the kitchen table looking at my breakfast having no appetite whatsoever. I took the piece of toast and took a bite out of it, the taste was dull and I threw back down on the plate and crossed my arms.

'The Louisiana campus is still in shock over the tragic bus crash last night.
Nine members of the fraternity Kappa Lambda Gamma were on board.
Seven of the boys died on the scene.
Two were rushed to Troost Medical Center where they remain in critical condition. Officials will not confirm the identities of the deceased.'

From hearing the news a sudden pain hit my heart. I looked at my hands almost tearing up but I told myself not to cry. I told Zoe about Kyle and what he did, she had sympathy and I liked that about her. I was about this close to bitch about it to Madison but I knew she won't care.

"Hey I was watching that." Nan said who was sitting across from me. I glanced up to see Zoe and Madison turning off the television. I guess she doesn't want others to find out what happened. But sooner or later this tragedy will find its way back to us.

"Why?" Madison questioned walking to the countertop.

"It's yesterday's news." Nan answered.

"Got any Greek yogurt?" Madison asked the butler ignoring the fact that she killed those 7 boys in that bus. See she's ignoring everything that happened yesterday.

"We have to tell somebody. (Y/N) told me that a boy named Kyle, he tried to stop it and he was on that bus." I overheard them talking. Madison looked at me with 'do I care?' look.

Glancing at the door I saw Fiona come in.
"What are we talking about? College boys? Taken in the prime of their lives. Such a tragedy. Almost makes you wanna cry, doesn't it?" She explained, then changing her expression. "But then, the world is not gonna miss a bunch of asshole in Ed Hardy T-shirts." She disclosed.

"Who are you?" Madison asked.
I couldn't handle what they were talking about in the room and I stood making a disruptive noise with the chair but not loud enough to stop their conversation. Before I made it out the kitchen Madison was then thrown to the wall as Fiona made a remark.

"We're going on a field trip. Wear something black." She stared at me at one second before making it out of the room.

*********************

After the field trip Zoe and I arrived at the hospital which where the 2 boys that survived in the 'accident' stayed in. The anxiety started to emerge from the void of my heart.

"(Y/N) it's gonna be okay. Whatever happens I'm gonna be here." Zoe avowed putting her hand on my shoulder and caressing it. I nodded with a little smile on my face. Whatever happens it was fate that brought us to this point. The elevator opened and we stepped out going through the hall barely unnoticeable. Zoe lead me to the room where they were, a room where I hope he will be in. My foot set in the space of the room and my breathing became unstable. An arm pushed me in farther and she smiled.

"Please let it be him." I begged to God. I noticed the first boy that survived and the second was covered by a white curtain. I made my way closer to the bed that hold this certain male.