Prologue

Cedrella's p.o.v
Hopping off the train, I follow my brother and his new friend, famous Harry Potter, towards some random giant that Potter apparently knows.

"Hey, Hagrid," greets Harry.

"Hullo Harry," is all I catch from the giant before zoning out of the conversation.

After what seems like minutes, we're stood on some steps outside the great hall facing a tall lady dressed in claret robes to match her house. Her pointed hat perched atop her head and a frown etched onto her features making her even more intimidating. This is Professor McGonagall, head of Gryffindor house, my older brothers had told me about her. She gives us a speech about the four houses, standing proudly as she talks about the Lions house. I deemed nothing else in her speech important and decided to see if it was possible to fall asleep standing.

Evidently it's impossible so I decided to stop looking like a weirdo and listen to Ron.

"I'm gonna kill George. He said we had to fight a troll not try on a bloody hat!" He exclaimed.

"Wait a second. We try on a hat? A hat? A hat makes a decision that determines our fate at Hogwarts?" I ask incredulously.

"Yea. Weren't you listening at all?" Harry replies, arrogant cocky git. 'oh I'm famous Harry Potter and I get everything right.' Sure.

Just as I was about to voice my thoughts, some random blonde swaggers over. Yes, swaggers. What is it with boys being so arrogant today?

"It's true then." He says. What's true? "What they're saying on the train." He continues. What are they saying on the train!! I was asleep. "Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

"Well, Where did you expect him to go? Beauxbatons?" I retort incredibly helpfully. I'm so kind, I should be a Hufflepuff.

Actually probably not a good idea, I look awful in yellow.

"What? No, obviously not, I was just being--"

"Dramatic? Yeah, we could tell. I could practically hear the simultaneous gasp from everyone behind us. I'm pretty sure that toad even widened his eyes, but that might just be his normal face."

"Ugh, just shut up Ginger," he sneers irritatedly, "This is Crabbe and Goyle and I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy," He tells us. I remember Dad talking about the Malfoys. Apparently, in my dad's own words, they're a bunch of blonde pureblood gits. Ron must have remembered too because he started to snicker.
Yes, well done Ronald, start laughing at the bloody millionaire. Nice way to make friends.

"Think my names funny do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe. You must be a Weasley." He then turns to me, "and what about you? Just a random ginger or another Weasley?"

"She's a Weasley," Ron interjects, probably a good idea. I can imagine myself punching this guy in the face. Again I should definitely be in Hufflepuff.

Draco just rolls his eyes and smirks.

What. A. Pineapple.

He turns back to Harry. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to make friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He held his hand out for Harry to shake but he just looked at it.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks." He coldly replies.

Draco was about to say something but McGonagall interrupted him by tapping his shoulder.

Apparently they're ready for us.

Oh Merlin.

Four tables stood side by side in the main part of the hall. One for each house. A table was situated at the back of the great hall on a raised platform. Candles floated above the tables, illuminating each person's face and I quickly spotted the fiery hair of my brothers. They were sat at the Gryffindor table; the twins grinning cheekily and Percy giving us a small reassuring smile.

We were lead to the back of the hall, in front of the professors table were McGonagall placed down a rickety three legged stool with an frayed wizard hat.

The hat proceeded to sing some crazy song about the houses but I didn't listen to the words. I was focusing on the fact that a hat is singing. Seriously, does no one else find this strange.

After its stopped singing, McGonagall conjured a scroll of parchment and proceeded to call the first name, "Abbott, Hannah"

After a while of unimportant people getting sorted, Hermione Granger, a snobby muggleborn we met on the train, made her way up to the stool and determinedly sat down although you could see the nervousness in her eyes. After a moment of contemplation, the called out, "Gryffindor!!"

Next up was Daphne Greengrass who was sorted into Slytherin, the Neville Longbottom who tripped up the stairs, still clutching his toad.

Soon enough it was Malfoy's turn, He sauntered up to the stool like he didn't feel the hundreds of stares on him. He gazed down at us like a king waiting to be crowned. The hat barely brushed a single slicked back hair on his head before it shouted out "Slytherin!"

Draco looked right at us and smirked as he passed to go to the Slytherin table and I absentmindedly trod on Ron's foot as he made some stupid comment about evil Slytherins.

"Merlin Ella! Are you trying to break my toes?" He quietly exclaimed.

"Yes" I replied dryly as I watch the next people get sorted.

Soon enough it was Harry's turn. The hall went silent as his name was called. He sat on the stool for about five minutes, whispering to himself like the weirdo he is before the hat finally cried "Gryffindor!!"

"Cedrella Weasley!" McGonagall called what felt like hours later. I was third last to be called with only Ron and another boy left after me.

Once I've perched myself on the stool, McGonagall places the frayed old hat on my head which casually starts talking in my head because why not?

"Hmmm, different to most of your family. You're still feisty like them though you have a naturally sarcastic tongue and witty nature." He ponders.

"Would you hurry up? This stool is so uncomfortable," I complain quietly.

"Ah yes, and also very impatient. I know where you belong. Good luck in SLYTHERIN!!!" He says calling the last word to the whole hall.

I awake, my head pounding as I reminisce about that day. It was one of the best and worst days of my life.

The day I met my best friend, Daphne Greengrass, and found a new family.

But also the day I basically lost my supposed family.

The day I started to be resented.

A/N that's that then. My first chapter. Very dramatic.

Comment what you thought! I'd love to see what people think of this and if I should continue it.

Also vote if you liked it, I really hope this was good.

*·*unedited*·*

~LissyLouise~

<3 <3 <3