Realisation

Marinette's POV~
"AAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!" I screamed tears spilling from my eyes. I was shaking with fear. I opened my eyes slightly. Pink was the first colour I saw. Wait... pink? I opened up my eyes fully and gasped. I was back in my room. But how. My mom and dad rushed into my room. "MARINETTE!What's wrong?!"my mom asked rushing to my side. It was my parents. "Mom. Dad. I thought I lost you." I sobbed. "Oh honey. Of course you didn't. It was all a dream sweetheart." Dad said embracing me in a hug. I hugged back, gripping with all my might as if I were to lose them again. "I love you." I whispered crying. It was all a dream. A nightmare in other words. And I thought my nightmare was over. . . But I was wrong.

The next morning:
It was five in the morning when I could only fall asleep. In the morning I decided to phone Alya.
CONVERSATION:
Alya: Alya speaking?
Me: Hi Alya. Its Marinette. I was wondering if we could hang out today?
Alya: Sure. And wow Marinette. I'm proud of you.
Me: Huh? Why?
Alya: For taking the whole Adrian and Chloe kissing thing do well.
Me: W... Wait. That really happened?
Alya: Of course it did. Then you came to my house and fell asleep so your parents got worried and came to pick you up.
Me:Oh.... Alya, I gotta go.
Alya: Why? And what about our day out?
Me : I just remembered I had homework. Bye.
(I hung up )
I groaned and sat quietly on my bed. Why cruel world? WHY?!
I remembered what had happened between us and felt as if I was going to cry. No Marinette. You can't. You just can't.
I looked out of the window. Clouds were gathering and the sky was a dark shade of grey. Just the way I felt. "Marinette..." a small voice said behind me. It was Tikki. "I'm sorry Marinette but please cheer up. " Tikki said hugging my cheeck. I didn't hug back. "Tikki. Its not your fault. There's no need to be sorry. This is all my fault. If I hadn't fallen for Adrian then none of this would've happened." I explained emotionless. Tikki looked worried but said nothing. "But... but if-" Tikki started softly. "Tikki, don't you understand! You can't help me! No one can!" I said crying. "I'm broken!" I sobbed. "Marinette-" Tikki said. I  raced out of my room. I ran past my mom and dad and out of the bakery's door. I ran and ran, not looking back. It was as if realisation stabbed  me in the heart and... and... I don't know. I'm not good with these kinds of things.
I ran up until the park and cried softly. No. I just can't cry. Not over Adrian. Not anymore. I stayed near the big old oak tree and cried. It startef raining and the rain fell upon me quite hard. I got soaked. I shivered but didn't bother to do anything about it. At this point I wish I had brought a jacket or an umbrella. I got up and wiped my eyes. I accidentally slipped on the wet grass and landed on a sharp rock. It cut deep into my skin and it instantly bled. "Ow." I moaned. The pain was extremely hard to ignore but at the moment I couldn't care less. I tore the bottom piece of my T- shirt if wrapping it around the cut. It bled through but I looked away not giving it much thought.
Adrian's POV ~
I was staring up at the ceiling hoping it was all going to go away. "Adrian! I need some camambert NOW!"my annoying kwami moaned. I rolled my eyes, pointing to a small piece cheese on my desk. He grabbed it and shoved it into his tiny mouth. Wow. For a small guy he could really eat.
After thinking for a while I realised there has been no akuma attacks lately. I mentioned this to Plagg and he shrugged. "Even super villians need a vacation." Plagg said.
I looked outside. "I miss Ladybug." I said sighing. Plagg's ears pricked. "Oh. And what about  Marinette?" Plagg asked. I sighed once more. "Of course I miss her but she won't even look at me. There's no point in trying if your just going to fail." I said sadly. "Well what about if your Chat Noir instead?"he said. It clicked inside my head. "Plagg! Claws out!" I shouted. I grabbed an umbrella and left.
I swung across Paris near the bakery when I noticed a familiar bluenette walking in the park. It was hard to get to the ground safely in the rain but I made it. "Princess! " I called. She turned around. Damn. She looked terrible. Her eyes were droopy. Her face was flushed and she had tear stains running down her face. It hurt to know I was the cause of this.
She smiled when she saw me but I could see it was fake. "Whats wrong with my princess?" I asked. She shook her head. "Nothing Chat."she said sadly. "Oh Mari." I sighed lifting her chin up. "I hate to see you like this." I admited rubbing away a new tear. She turned away from me. I noticed a cut she had on her arm. It was wrappedin her shirt but it still bled through.
"Let me walk you home Mari. Its the least I could do." I offered. She nodded. We walked for a while until we got near to the bakery. Well this was my stop. "Here Princess." I said handing her my umbrella. It reminded me of the umbrella I gave her the first time we met. I smiled at the thought but the smile faded as I remembered how I hurt her back then too.
She took it and hugged me close  to her. She sighed. "Oh Chat." I heard her say. I kissed her forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow okay." I said as she walked into the bakery. She nodded. I ran away. As I was running, in realisation I thought that I loved Marinette and this time I will NEVER let her go again.