Chapter 1: Mating Season?!

Author POV:

Natsu walked into the guild, with a serious look on his face. This turned a few heads. Natsu ignored them and continued to the table where Laxus, Gajeel and Wendy were sitting. They sat in silence until Wendy decided to speak up.
" We, uh, should probably tell everyone about...you know."
" Yeah, you're right," Gajeel said.
" Let's talk to the old man first," Laxus said, standing up.
The four dragon slayers headed to the Master's office.
" What's going on with them?" Evergreen asked.
" I've got no idea," Lucy replied.
" They've been acting...strange for the past few days," Grey said.
For the week the dragon slayers had been avoiding and ignoring everyone, and not even Gajeel and Natsu were getting involved in the guild fights.
" I hope everything's okay," Romeo said.

-Makarov's office-

" What is it that you wanted to speak to me about?" Makarov asked the dragon slayers.
" You're aware of how dragons have mating seasons, right?" Laxus said.
" Yes."
" Well, the same rules apply to dragon slayers."
" What?!"
" You heard him," Gajeel said.
" We have a mating season where we find our destined mate."
" And it starts in three days," Natsu added.
" I see," Makarov said, after recovering from his shock.
" What exactly happens during mating season?"
" Well, we'll just get clingy and protective of our mates," Gajeel explained.
" I won't be effected though because I'm under sixteen," Wendy said.
" Well then, I should inform the rest of the guild about this," Makarov said.
He walked towards the door but stopped before opening it. He turned back around.
" Good luck fellas," he said with a wink, than left, leaving light blushes on the slayer's cheeks.

I know, I know, short chapter. I'll try to make the next chapter longer. :)