Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Kota's POV

After our fun morning competition, we headed to get lunch and then Gabe and Nathan have a surprise for Beka. We stop at a cute Italian place in Birch Run called Tony's. Beka's face lights up when we pull in.

"Have you been here before Nova," I ask her. She nods her head excitedly.

"They have the best Italian food ever," she exclaims.

"Online it says they have bacon," Luke says opening the car door for her. She slides out and grabs Luke's hand.

"They do. I've never had it, but I hear it's really good," she says. She starts dragging Luke towards the door. As she passes Doc, she grabs his hand and drags him along as well. They both just laugh and let her pull them along. I wait for the others that are climbing out of the other car now.

"Well, she looks excited," Nathan comments.

"Indeed she does," Mr. Blackbourne replies to Nathan.

"According to her they have really good food," I inform them.

"Let's catch up before they eat nothing but carbs and sugar," North says. We all start walking in and find the three giggling and waiting in the entryway.

"What are you giggling about," Silas asks Beka.

"Well, I might have tripped and fell and taken Luke and Sean with me," she replies while giggling even more.

"Careful Empress. We don't need to make a trip to the emergency room," Victor says gently with a smile on his face.

"Have you requested seating yet," Mr B asks.

"We did. We're just waiting for them to push together a couple of tables. They're really busy today," Luke explains.

"This is actually the least busy I've seen this place," Beka comments. I look around and see that most every table is full.

"It's like the diner. The busier the better," Luke comments.

"What diner," Beka asks a bit confused.

"Our uncle owns a diner down in Charleston. We helped him start and run the place," North tells her.

"That's so cool! Now I know how Luke and Gabriel had commercial kitchen experience before camp," she exclaims, realization dawning on her face.

The hostess comes over and shows us to our table just then. We walk through to the second dining room and she showed us to a set of three tables pushed together. She hands us menus and takes our drink order. After she leaves we start browsing through the menu.

"Oy, what do you recommend," Gabriel asks Nova.

"Well, the last time I was here I got spaghetti with mushrooms. It's been awhile since I've eaten here. I've never had anything bad though," she tells us. We quickly make our decisions and the waitress brings us our drinks and takes our order.

"Can you guys tell me what the surprise is," Nova begs.

"Patience Baby Doll. You'll find out soon enough," North tells her. She pouts but you can tell she's not actually mad.

Beka's POV

I got super excited about getting lunch at Tony's. When I grabbed Luke and Sean's hands and drag them with me they just laugh and let me drag them along. We have barely made it through the door when I trip over an uneven tile in the floor. I can't stop myself from falling, and drag them down too. We end up in a heap on the floor. I start giggling and soo Luke joins in.