Reality

Kerri woke up how she liked to, nice and slow, Kerri yawned and stretched. In a sleepy haze, she threw the covers off and scooted off her bed to walk to her bathroom door, Kerri yawned as she walked to her bathroom to get ready for the day. Ten minutes later she walked out and walked down stairs and out the back door to check up on Damien. She knocked on the door of the guest house, she heard light footsteps.

How can Damien's footsteps be so light when he has all that muscle?

Damien opened the door and Kerri's thoughts went blank as she took in six feet and five inches of bare skin and under that skin was thick corded muscle that ran from head to toe. Then to Kerri's poor mind that was already was filled with him. The only thing that Damien had on was his boxers. Kerri spun on her heels and started to walk away, but Damien hand caught her right wrist.

"Kerri I'm sorry, stay here please" Damien said and Kerri looked over her shoulder and nodded and Damien let go of her wrist, went to the bed, picked up a pair of pants and pulled them on. Damien picked up the shirt that laid on the floor. Damien almost ran back to the open door just in time to see Kerri walking back to the house.

Damien ran after her, but got to her too late as the door to the house shut on him. Damien knocked on the door. He knew what she was thinking and he was ashamed that he was the cause of it.

"Kerri"

"What do you want?!" Kerri yelled through the back door.

"Kerri open the door" Damien wanted to beg her to open the door so he could talk to her face to face.

"No" her voice was just below a whisper, how he could hear it, he didn't know. There was a lot that Damien didn't know about himself right at this moment, all he knew that he had to get to Kerri.

"Kerri I'm sorry, I shouldn't have answered the door like that, I'm sorry, please open the door"

"No!" Kerri yelled, Damien sighed as he laid his forehead on the door and closed his eyes. The feelings that Damien didn't understand washed over him and hit his stomach like lead weights. Damien felt nauseated that he had made her uncomfortable at her own house. Damien was an injured wolf needing comfort and he only wanted it from Kerri.

"Kerri please open the door, I know that was wrong of me to do.......... I won't be in your way any longer just say the word and I'm gone"

"You won't know where you're going if you leave"

"I'll find my way" Damien heard his voice dropped to a whisper "I always do" there was silence on the other side.

"I'll take that as a 'leave'" Damien's heart was heavy with pain as he pushed away from the door and started to walk back to guest house. He heard the click of the door and Kerri's frantic foot steps towards him.

"Damien stop" Kerri's voice was worried and Damien stopped, but he never looked up or turned around.

"Don't leave." Kerri's voice pleaded with him.

"I need to, I'm making your life harder for you."

"Damn it! You are not! Stop acting like a saint so I don't hit you. I don't want you to leave, I don't want you to be out there alone. And it wasn't you that made me run away" Her voice sounded like she meant what she said. Damien heard Kerri take a deep breath.

"May I ask what are you thinking about when you see me?"

"You wouldn't like my thoughts about you if I told you" Damien tried to make his voice calm. But in truth his emotions were quickly turning the inside of his stomach into churning pit of knots.