Chapter 8 - Who I Skate For...

Yuri: Wake up, you airhead! We've been waiting for awhile now. You better be there when I get to your room!

When I read that text I ran to the shower as fast as I could. Then I fixed myself up, and wore my boots. As soon as I grabbed my backpack and my phone I heard a doorbell outside. It was probably Yuri. I don't even know if I can still show them my face after being late twice!

I ran to the door and opened it only to see Yuri glaring at me with his earphones in.

"Why, you... Ugh, I'd rather not have you come if it's gonna be the reason I'll be late and lose." Said Yuri with a facepalm. He then grabbed my hand and dragged me down the hall with him and into the elevator.

"S-Sorry." I said in a sad and embarrassed tone.

Out of nowhere he placed his hand on my head and turned it to the right until my eyes met his. Our faces were so close to each other we could have... Wait, what am I thinking? Idiot. My face turned apple red as his pretty green eyes were set on my (E/C) eyes.

"I swear if you're gonna be late again, I'll make you do 10 salchows without pausing." He whispered in a serious tone.

"R-roger that." I stuttered as he pushed my head away from his and let go of me. I thought I was gonna die there.

When we arrived at the lobby we went to the venue as fast as we could. Victor started scolding me in the car and I could see Yuri laughing quietly beside me. When we arrived the place was packed, Yuri's fans were all on one giant part of the stage, holding posters of Yuri's face with cat ears.

It was time for the warm-up and Victor and I just looked at the two Yuri's looking quite tense and practicing some moves one last time. When the warm-up was over we waited backstage as the performances started.

I stood beside Yuri who was stretching his leg on the wall. Victor and Yuuri were on some corner of the room talking about Pork Cutlet Bowls to encourage Yuuri more.

"Yuri..."

"What?"

"Remember what I texted you last night?" I asked him without looking him in the face. Yuri was silent for a bit. "Mm." Yuri replied as he continued stretching.

"So, you know. Skate for who you skate for... Please?I asked him.

"Whatever." He replied as he suddenly sat down on the floor, leaning his back against the wall.

"Who do you skate for, though? Either way... Skate for them." I asked as I sat down beside him.

Yuri turned apple red and looked away. I decided to go to a vending machine and buy some juice for myself. As I stood up Yuri suddenly grabbed my hand his hoodie covering his face.

"Sit down." He said in a low tone.

"I'm gonna buy some juice. Don't you want any?" I asked him as if tried to let go of his grip.

"I don't need anything. Just... stay here. Please." Answered Yuri. I just looked at him, then sat back down beside him. Victor then approached us and tossed some water bottles at us. Yuri head was still down, and when I looked at Victor I caught him looking at Yuri with worry. He looked back at me and winked, I nodded my head, determined to have Yuri skate at his best.

"Do it for me, Yuri." I whispered after I drank water.

Yuri's head slowly raised up and turned to me.

"Skate since I can't. Make them happy since I can't. Make me happy. Since I can't." I said as I turned to him my eyes filled with tears. Yuri's face went red.