The New Hardy's In Time

Authors Note: I do not claim to own the Hardy Boys series, but if you use the story from this fic in any way it would be greatly appreciated for you to give credit. I do not promise that this will turn out well but I respect anyone in for the long haul. This will get very sad, I'm not sorry. It's part of being a writer.

                                                                         For Every Park Bench

Alexis and I have always disagreed on how we should use our time travel abilities, I, being a Hardy, want to go solve mysteries all the time. You know, go back to the 60s and see who killed Kennedy. Alexis would never really use her ability if it weren't for me. She would just study until the sun came up and then travel back so she could study more.

We have a whole other reason to time hop, though. Our dad Joe Hardy now, in 2025, has amnesia. He used to tell us about all of his adventures with our uncle Frank and Nancy Drew. I've always wanted to go back and solve some with him, back when he was a teen.

"We should go back! You know you want to! Imagine how fun it would be!" I plead. "It would be cheating! You already know who did it." Alexis bites, pulling the front of her hair into a ponytail. "Dad couldn't have told us about every mystery. We can go back and find one we don't know about. Don't you want to see what he was like back then?" I ask. "We could mess up the timeline. You know the rules, we can skip along all we want but we can't change any major events. What if there's a major event we don't know about and we end up deleting ourselves from history?" She complained, in her mother like tone. "If there were any major events, they would be in the stories we already know." I point out. "You know, maybe I just don't want to do it." She sighs. "Fine, I'll just go on my own then." I humph. I tap the three freckles on my inner wrist that brings up the holograph control panel on my arm. I write the date into the blue sheet and transform into a seventies appropriate version of myself. I watch my blue curls turn auburn and my Fall Out Boy reunion shirt turn into a plain gray tee. A purple portal appears in front of me, and I grab my leather jacket off of my bed before I hop through.

December 16, 1972