one

Emerald's POV

"Emerald Renae Silvering get your ass down here, the Dark Moon pack is going to be here any second!", My mom yelled from downstairs.

Right now I'm in my room getting ready for the Dark Moon pack to arrive. They are the strongest pack in the world and I'm terrified. They are known for being savages and to kill anything they don't like or simply don't care for. It's ridiculous. 

They are coming because the Alpha is searching for his mate. He's 24 and hasn't found his mate yet. Usually you find your mate at 16, but sometimes, people aren't that fortunate. 

Mates is short for soulmates. They are like your other half. You need them or you'll go insane because they are your soul purpose in life. I can't wait to find my mate. I don't care what he looks like, I just don't want him to be mean or abusive. Even though they are your mate, they still can be terrible people. I'be heard the stories of women getting abusive mates and having to live with them because they can't live without them.

I finished curling my long brown hair, and put on my outfit. I had to look nice because I am the alpha's daughter and my dad said we have to make a good impression.

 I had to look nice because I am the alpha's daughter and my dad said we have to make a good impression

I walked downstairs and outside to where the pack was gathered, waiting for our guests. I must of been just in time because as soon as I go by my family I see them come out from the forest.

Suddenly a wave of a scent that smelled like a combination of the forest, chocolate and tacos... I know, it doesn't sound very good, but you better believe me when I tell you that it is the most amazing scent I have ever smelled in my entire life. 

Suddenly realization hit me... Mate. I've heard that when you are around your mate you smell the best scent ever! I look around to try and catch the owner of this beautiful scent.

I spot an enormous black wolf in the front. He's staring at me and it looks like he can see my soul. Not even realization it, I let out a low growl in acceptance. I could hear him do the same as he walked over to me and started to nuzzle into my leg. Mmmm, that feels nice.

Mate. my wolf , Lilly, purred in my head.

"Oh my, Axel she found her mate", My mom said to my dad ecstatically. To be honest, I think she is more excited about my mate than I am. She has repeated to me multiple times that she wants many grandchildren. 

"I see honey, and he's an Alpha too. That's my girl!" My dad said proudly.

Wait, Alpha! If this is the Dark Moon pack than that means this is Alpha Harding. NOOOOOO! Anyone but him! He's cold, heartless, a monster. Who knows how many he's killed.

 This can't be happening. Not to me. Not now. Not ever.

I was too distracted by everything to notice my mate shift until I looked over to see a very naked handsome, tall, hunk of sexiness. I have no shame in saying that because even that was an understatement.

My brother, Payton, came over to give my mate a pair of shorts. Now that I look around, everyone as shifted and my pack is getting clothes for all of them. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my mate suddenly pulled me into an embrace. 'umph'. As soon as I processed what just happened I hugged back. Sparks were erupting everywhere we touched even if it wasn't skin to skin. In his arms I felt oddly safe. Oddly because I just  met the guy. 

"What's your name beautiful" he asked as he pulled away making me feel cold and empty. I never wanted him to let go. Monster or not, he is warm, and it's fall in Michigan.

"E-E-Emerald" I stuttered. Way to go Emerald. Now he thinks you're a total spaz. Not that you aren't anyway.

"A beautiful name, for a beautiful women" He whispered in my ear. I think I just melted. Yep, I'm melting. This is the end for me. Bye cruel world, It's your fault for giving me the sexiest man to ever exist as my mate. I hope you're happy.

A cleared throat brought us out of our moment. Thank goddess. I was dying!

"I think we should get inside before he takes her right here, right now" Payton says earning a glare from me and a smack on the arm from my dad.

"That's a good idea" my mate says in a business tone. Is it wrong for me to say he's hot then too? Honestly, is there anything he can do to make him not hot? probably not.

***********************************************************************************************

How was my first chapter? This is my first book on here so I would love some feedback on what I can do better and I what I did well. All ideas are welcomed!

Anyway, I have no idea when I will update but I'm pretty sure it won't be long because I don't do much... 

Hope you liked the chapter! Comment your thoughts and I'll see ya later alligator:>)

                                                                                                            ~lights_only_shadow18